Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristy_07

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Spin-off from another thread, but it'd be great if people could post pics of their racks! If you could include some of the details... measurements, material, etc. that'd be great, also.

So, go on! Show us ya rack!

This is going really well so far :lol:
Pictures people, pictures!

DSCF4791.jpgDSCF4792.jpgi made these .. 40l and 3 lDSCF4790.jpg
pencil.png

very nice anteresia how much did say one fo them cost for the 40l ones like materials tub and thermostat all up?

40l tubs about $27 each , 2 heat cords per rack $35 each ,black edging about $20, screws and caps about $5, 4 wheels $12 ,thermo $125 , melamine would of got it out of 2 sheets of melamine sheeting so $68 ,alluminium tape about $5 ,about 5 hours of time... 4 hours of that was scratching my head

Good work, Antaresia - that's what I wanted to see! I'm going to starting building some when I get home, by which I mean, make my partner do the work while I do useful things like research what to put in them and get him drinks. That's great to know....

Anyone else with a mature response?

(hehehe boobs ;)) keep it clean there kristy :D

Last edited by a moderator:
l have never been a rack fan until last season when l had 3 racks made but the great the point about them is l supplied the tubs [with no lids] and it was made [to fine tolorences] so you slide a tub out and there is your critter and gee wizz does that save time[not having to remove a lid] and nothing has even looked like escaping....solar 17 [Baden]

no probs Kristy ,if you need anymore help give me a pm .

also a tip when putting these types of racks together ive found it is best to start working from the bottom and work your way up actually put a tub in with a piece of 3 mil sheet metal under your tub to give you the gap . do 1 board at a time repeat the process. every tub i found is perfect to slide in and out this way . i had bought racks off other people and the tubs where to the point you couldnt get your tub in or there was to much gap . they must of just had their measurements made it from that but never put the tub in that they where going to use .im not sure what they did?

l have never been a rack fan until last season when l had 3 racks made but the great the point about them is l supplied the tubs [with no lids] and it was made [to fine tolorences] so you slide a tub out and there is your critter and gee wizz does that save time[not having to remove a lid] and nothing has even looked like escaping....solar 17 [Baden]

no probs Kristy ,if you need anymore help give me a pm .

also a tip when putting these types of racks together ive found it is best to start working from the bottom and work your way up actually put a tub in with a piece of 3 mil sheet metal under your tub to give you the gap . do 1 board at a time repeat the process. every tub i found is perfect to slide in and out this way . i had bought racks off other people and the tubs where to the point you couldnt get your tub in or there was to much gap . they must of just had their measurements made it from that but never put the tub in that they where going to use .im not sure what they did?

Yep, that's exactly what I'd be looking at doing - no lids required. Thanks guys.

Antaresia, I may flick you a PM about this in the future if that's okay. Ta.

racks can be good ..... however when i first started keeping reptiles i kept everything in cages . and when i kept pythons in cages i think i paid alot more attention to them . and enjoyed them more , and i knew my animals more ect,ect . but then i really got the bug then i started to keep things in racks to save space and time . but now ive found buy doing this ive really lost interest in what im doing i was only really looking at my pythons when i cleaned them out ect . so im going back to my old ways of keeping much fewer animals and in cages .

there was a artical in tails and scales issue 12 page 4 by Mik Julin that really did gel with me ..

racks can be good ..... however when i first started keeping reptiles i kept everything in cages . and when i kept pythons in cages i think i paid alot more attention to them . and enjoyed them more , and i knew my animals more ect,ect . but then i really got the bug then i started to keep things in racks to save space and time . but now ive found buy doing this ive really lost interest in what im doing i was only really looking at my pythons when i cleaned them out ect . so im going back to my old ways of keeping much fewer animals and in cages .

there was a artical in tails and scales issue 12 page 4 by Mik Julin that really did gel with me ..
i want to try get as many reptiles as i can but im going to be having them in decked out vivs so i can see them aand watch what they do, the only racks i plan to use is for the hatchlings if i start breeding.

I just finished painting my new rack today. ill take some pics tomoro once it is all set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back