Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to starting building some when I get home, by which I mean, make my partner do the work while I do useful things like research what to put in them and get him drinks.

LOL I had to laugh at that because it's so true!!!

Nice racks guys! :)

Hey ANTARESIA1... What are the dimensions of those tubs?

tubs are 680 x450 x 160

o.k guys here is my measurements for my 40 litre rack set-up x 8 tubs ,

then go to bunnings and get them to cut it out for you they are meant to charge you $1 a cut but if your like me and you know them all from high school they will do it for nothing haha

top and bottom sheets x 2 510x 690
all other shelves x 7 450x 690
legs so to speak x 4 1440 x 150

dont forget to router and dont router your top board or i will pay you out , ive got 2 runs or cords so router 2 lines ive done them about 14 cm and 7 cm from back of rack .

and if all this seems to hard to put together which it isnt ive got a heap of them here i need to move on .

Last edited:
IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

nice racks kupper are they the advanced hatchling racks from true blue???
coz i was thinking of getting some lol antaresia1 haha i was thinking of making a rack for so long lol and never got around to it and since we been talking about it i got the wood from work and screws lol and made a quick one up this arvo ;) only a quickie but it will do the job for small snakes and geckos
il take and post some pics up soon

This is one we just built with the help of a mate. Built for adult carpets and only set up back a few hundred excluding tubs. Its not fully set up and you can only see one unit but an identical one is underneath so all up it holds 12 snakes. Im pretty happy with, especially considering that for that many tubs at an adult size, a premade one would cost anything up to $2500 depending where you get it (even if they do look a bit nicer haha)

Attachments

• 2010_07190009.jpg
    2010_07190009.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 179
This is one we just built with the help of a mate. Built for adult carpets and only set up back a few hundred excluding tubs. Its not fully set up and you can only see one unit but an identical one is underneath so all up it holds 12 snakes. Im pretty happy with, especially considering that for that many tubs at an adult size, a premade one would cost anything up to $2500 depending where you get it (even if they do look a bit nicer haha)

nice yeh why bother having the top quality ones if these DIY ones work :) not like we got hundred of people coming and commenting our racks lol

yeah i think they work better simply because they are custom, you build em for what you need, and ALOT cheaper haha. like when i was browsing, one company (for the same sized boxes give or take) was asking for $7000 for the 12 boxes. So thats why, as its obvious to see here, people will build their own, with better results too. Good work guys

so far cost me $120 for tubs and heat cord
heat cord is only short and low wattage so i need to get a longer and higher wattage to go on thermostat
knocked her up in about an hour yesturday arvo
rack.jpg

rack2.jpg

rack3.jpg

rack4.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to all that have contributed to this thread - I think the information and photos are really helpful to those looking to step-up their collections. Thanks, again, and keep them coming!

wow thats some awesome rack right there wokka :shock: lol wen u guys started this thread i got the motivation to actually try build one and it worked out lol just put all my snakes in there for now

nice wokka did u build it urself or pay for them?

so you would keep arboreal snakes like carpets in a tub like that ? withoit the option to perch?

what size tubs are they man? sorry they look like 10litre stairmaid tubs is that the size thanks

so far cost me $120 for tubs and heat cord
heat cord is only short and low wattage so i need to get a longer and higher wattage to go on thermostat
knocked her up in about an hour yesturday arvo
rack.jpg

rack2.jpg

rack3.jpg

rack4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back