Show us your RATLETS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the back to nature paper pellets for my guys and it has little to not dust which is great :) I also give them hay/stray at times too which they loooove digging through!

If you check out this website - What Rat Is That? - you'll be able to work out what colours/patterns you have :)

The 2 bad things I have heard about wood shavings is the chemicals in it and the dust? Breeders choice is quite dusty too so it is really the chemicals that are a worry, the fact that the rats will ingest it, then of course, so will the snakes.
its hysorb :D i checked today.

i knew it wasnt pine so its nothing serious. you'd be surprised how many big rat breeding companies use pine.

hahaha Down Under Hooded.....the mind boggles :shock:
if better downunder berkshire!

Better Pics of my ratties: Wanting to know the colour of them, just new to breeding rats. Cheers.
SRatties1.jpg
SRatties3.jpgSRatties7.jpg - Champagne Female?
SRatties6.1.jpg - Champagne head, black eyes, champagne stripe down back? Unknown colour? Female
SRatties7.1.jpg - Like the one above but black instead of the champagne colour... I have 1 male and 2 females in the smaller rats and a large male that all look similar to this pattern.
SRatties8.jpgSRatties6.2.jpg - These two pics are just to show the different colours.
SRatties4.jpgSRatties6.3.jpg - All Black female except has white "socks" and a white belly. Colour unknown? Female
SRatties6.jpg - Just a cute pic of the "Champagne" girl :p

Heres some pics of my large ratties, 4 Albino females and 1 Black Hooded/Striped Male :)
LRatties1.jpgLRatties6.1.jpgLRatties8.jpgLRatties.jpg

Any help would be great, cheers :)

Hey I'm not sure what your asking when you say it's a black rat with whites socks and belly. It's called a black Berkshire. Any rat with a white tummy is a Berkshire.in your first pick it looks like 2 of the hooded rats are brown? I can see there colour that well but they look like agouti.
im new to breeding myselve so I'm preety useless

Hey I'm not sure what your asking when you say it's a black rat with whites socks and belly. It's called a black Berkshire. Any rat with a white tummy is a Berkshire.in your first pick it looks like 2 of the hooded rats are brown? I can see there colour that well but they look like agouti.
im new to breeding myselve so I'm preety useless

She is Black, white underneath and white feet. Awesome thanks :)

They look black but then go a dark brown with lighter flecking through the coat.

You all have some nice coloured rats.

DSCF2266.jpg

DSCF2265.jpg

Heres my setup larger ones for the rats small ones for the mice.

Last edited:
Everyone has some good looking rats :)
One of my Red eyed Whites is confirmed to be pregnant.
I think another may be pregnant as well.

My Berkshire is a possible as well.

but Ingie u dont transport lil blues or dals to Adelaide :(( ..or will u ??? they are totally AWESOME...

I love all your dalmation marked ones :))) very cool ...

Last edited:
One of my girl's belly is really big, interested to see when she will have the pups/kittens/babies (hear many people call them different things lol), she is still acting "normal" but there is a slight change to her temper tonight. :lol:

One of my girl's belly is really big, interested to see when she will have the pups/kittens/babies (hear many people call them different things lol), she is still acting "normal" but there is a slight change to her temper tonight. :lol:

Like I always say, if a baby cat is a kitten, isnt a baby rat called a ritten? :lol:

It is so funny when the mothers to be are nearly due..... mine hang off the bars and looking at thier tummy, looks like they have eaten a tennis ball :shock::lol:

yep. its funny how some females look MASSIVE and they have 4 babies then others look massive and have 15 haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back