Show us your RATLETS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow 17 :O
Currently:
Mum 1 - Snow - 8 pups, 1 F, 7 M
Mum 2 - Spark - 8 pups, 4 F, 4 M :D
Mum 3 - PinkEye - 5 pups, 3 F, 2 M
(I didnt name Pink Eye, my brother did :p)

an over cap of my litters
fawn headspot - 7
fawn hooded - 12
BEW - 10
agouti - 7
black berk (blue & BEW carrier) 8 babies
varigated berk - around 8 i forget
and another litter i cant remember haha

im going to make a quick video now :D of my whole colection atm :D

That would be cool.
All mums and pups are doing really well :)
The first two litters with 2 different mums are ow in the velvet stage and are so soft.

one of my first double rex's, looks to be going through a molt
DSCF9329.jpg

DSCF9328.jpg

DSCF9326.jpg

i had 1 drop 18 she is a 1st time mum and the stock she come from the best he has ever dun was 24 has any one ever bet that and i love the blue ones is there any one down near wagga that has any or coming down this way

Most of my snake feed breeding stock average about 10-14 but i prefer them to have around the 10 mark as the more they have the smaller the pups are.

I like the look on the mothers face when she has a dozen babies (nearly due to ween) under her and she cant even touch the ground :shock::lol:

Or when she tries to get away from them and they drag her back again :lol: She has that 'Help!' look on her face :)

One of the pups from the first litter(only female) wasnt looking so well and my female had pushed her out. So I decided to test her with my other two females, again, they both rejected her. So I had the decision to euthenize her as she was getting weaker and weaker. It was kind of sad, even though they will be fed to the snakes later :/

well my girl has 18 babys and i have a nother line that has small numbers like 9 to 12 and the 18 are the same size at the same age so no problems there i just had one from the same line have 16 so looking for the 20 lol the guy that breeds the rats i have has been breeding for high numbers for many many years so they are sooper rats now any one else out there getting numbers like this

One of mine had 19..... most first time mothers have between 7-12 & the second time (+) mothers tend to have between 12-15

Like I have said before, I generally spread any over 12 among other mothers (with similar size babies) so there is less chance of a runt. I actually had one mother die soon after giving birth.... I put her babies with another mother who had just weened 2 days earlier..... she just began lactating again took on the newborn (day old) pinkies:)

One of my girls just had a litter of 17, she had at least a litter of 16 when we got her and her bubs were about 6 weeks - as she had been with the male she had a back to back litter with 14 and she was rather underweight leading up to that one. She probably has the biggest litters of my girls, tho most go above 10 per litter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back