Shy?! Spotted

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kate91

Reaction score
Hey all me again,
Just double checking that this is infact normal, my 3 almost 4 month old spotted is always hiding (granted I don't know what she does from about 10pm-6am). Feeds weekly, had 1 shed since I got her 3 weeks ago, poops/urates, temps are all good (33hot spot, 26-28 cool). She is placed in my room away from the noise of day to day life with kids 2 hides 1 hot 1 cold, small tank BUT she was kept in a tub/rack system previously
She is fairly active when I get her out, tongue always flickering etc.
Just worried that I never see her out and about.
Is there such a thing as a shy snake?
I swear I'm going grey worrying about her when I probably don't need to

That is very normal. Snakes just want to feel secure, and a hide is going to tick that box.

Pretty much all my snakes hide, with the carpets occasionally hanging out on perches/branches. My stimmie is almost always away in some hide or another (except at night when he tends to get on a branch).

That is very normal. Snakes just want to feel secure, and a hide is going to tick that box.

Pretty much all my snakes hide, with the carpets occasionally hanging out on perches/branches. My stimmie is almost always away in some hide or another (except at night when he tends to get on a branch).

Even if I haven't caught her out of a night? I would have expected some movement of an evening but nothing.
Not even when it comes to feed day shes still hiding.
Tried to see if there was any similar threads but couldn't find any recent ones.

Thanks for that :)

Shes only a baby , give her time.
Hey all me again,
Just double checking that this is infact normal, my 3 almost 4 month old spotted is always hiding (granted I don't know what she does from about 10pm-6am). Feeds weekly, had 1 shed since I got her 3 weeks ago, poops/urates, temps are all good (33hot spot, 26-28 cool). She is placed in my room away from the noise of day to day life with kids 2 hides 1 hot 1 cold, small tank BUT she was kept in a tub/rack system previously
She is fairly active when I get her out, tongue always flickering etc.
Just worried that I never see her out and about.
Is there such a thing as a shy snake?
I swear I'm going grey worrying about her when I probably don't need to

Back