Sick BHP?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pythonguy1

Reaction score
Hi guys,
So I just noticed my Black-headed python rubbing the top of his head on the floor of his enclosure. Why is he doing this? Is this a sign of a disease or something? I'm a little worried, any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Josiah

Last edited:
Is there any chance it could be mites ? Have you aquired any new reptiles recently ?
checked for that, no mites. however I did F-10 his enclosure today and may have given it a bit of an overdose. Maybe he's just reacting to a new smell? Anything else that might be going on?

checked for that, no mites. however I did F-10 his enclosure today and may have given it a bit of an overdose. Maybe he's just reacting to a new smell? Anything else that might be going on?
What dilution ratio? I use 1ml:750ml/water— a weak dilution can actually be dangerous to skin/animals

Is it possible he’s coming up to a shed? They’ll rub their head against the floor/rough edges to get it started

Last edited:
What dilution ratio? I use 1ml:750ml/water— a weak dilution can actually be dangerous to skin/animals

Is it possible he’s coming up to a shed? They’ll rub their head against the floor/rough edges to get it started
Standard dilution 1:500 - He shed about a 10 days ago - He took a bath last night, I've just fed him, he took it pretty well.
[doublepost=1595221749,1595203572][/doublepost]Also he was doing this wierd upward staring thing with his head almost pointed straight up.

Back