silicon with heat cord??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dwmgalloway

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone :) i bought a heat cord setup to replace my heat lamp as it was too hard to get a proper basking spot with the ceramic heat emiter. Anyway i was told by the workers at the pet store to coil it to the base of the glass encosure tape it down then the tile. They told me to silicon the edgss of the tile so the snake couldn get beween it. Iv done that but after reading threads on here it seems silicon is bad as it cant get an air flow under the tile. Is that right? Or will it be okay? Any oppinions very helpful

I use heat cords and I have them coiled and glued onto tiles (with silicon). Then I either bury the tile under the substrate or put it under the vivarium. I hook them up to a dimmer so I am able to control how hot they get. I've used this for about 7 years and never had an issue.

Heat cord under a tile doesn't need airflow, particularly if you are using lower wattage cord or a thermostat

Thanks thats pretty much exactly what iv done. Just wanted to make sure i hadnt done something wrong lol. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back