Silkback Central Bearded Dragon?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

goaty777

Reaction score
I had a hatchling out today that appears to have no scales or tubercles, I believe it may be a Silkback, what do you think?
It was from two Red Parents and is one of 14 (4 were already out and appear normal, 9 to go).
Silkback.jpgSilkback_2.jpgSilkback_3.jpgSilkback_4.jpg

I have never seen one in the flesh and it is obviously the first one I have bred. If it is a Silkback how common are they in Australia?
I look forward to your comments.

None here i would say and if its the first one your a very lucky person. i havent had a hell of a lot to do with breeding yet but looks the part. :)
Id say that bubba is gonna be worth quite a bit.

Wow... well that sure does look 100% silkback to me! Little fella looks absolutely pooped!

I think a grats is in order!!

sure looks it it me congrats :D
i think there have been a few here over the years but they are def not common.

is he ok? he looks kinnda dead or has he just hatched?

Looks like a silky to me, would love to see a few pics once its dried off and up and about, congrats about time some new morphs developing in aus bloodlines, I have seen a few leatherbacks produced in recent years but don't recall hearing about silkbacks

im pretty sure i read a thread with one similar, dont know the progress though, Looks great though weldone!!

Yeah leamos... I have seen leatherbacks in australia but no silkbacks... a silkback out of the blue is incredible actually. Cant wait to see him up and about either :)

I wouldn't be calling it a silkback straight away as that name is part of an already established genetic morph (or genetic mutation) which is co-dominant.
It is scaleless, but if it turns out to be a recessive mutation? Calling it a silkback will cause confusion.

Never the less, thats a very interesting animal mate! Congratulations!

He / she is absolutely knackered. An interesting point is it took an excessive amount of time to emerge from the egg. From the time of breaking through to when it finally emerged was near to 3 days, no wonder it looks knackered! I think if it survives the first 24 hours it will be fine, time will tell.

Congrats, You gotta be beside yourself with excitement seeing this treasure emerge. Fingers crossed for the lil one :)

Father below, mother is similar (dont have a picture at the moment)
Bluey_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back