Silkback Central Bearded Dragon?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Second hatchie and Mum

Silbacks_second hatchie.jpgSilbacks_x2.jpgSilbacks_x2_normal_2.jpgSilbacks_x2_normal_1.jpgBlaze.jpg
The single picture is the first hatchie, second picture is the latest, third and fourth is the two of them, fifth with a normal member of the clutch. The sixth is of the mum as requested.

Attachments

• Silbacks_first hatchie.jpg
    Silbacks_first hatchie.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 399
Last edited:
Wicked!! But why do you keep the dragons so wet, they are like in puddles of water?
btw, you can start breathing again Geckoman, lol
The reason they are wet is I had just misted them. One of the issues of the Silkback hatchie is that they dehydrate easily and you do need to mist a little more regularly than normal (I have contacted the original breeder of Silkback's in Italy - Alessandro and he was very helpfull and also very surprised. Wouldnt believe me at first that I hadnt bred two Leatherbacks to produce the Silkback).

waaaaaaaaaa mine wont even bump uglies !!!

did you ask how he came across the leatherbacks? was it just the same as how you stumbled across silkbacks? i love the bright orange stripe along the head. thats good colour for a hatchie.

did you ask how he came across the leatherbacks? was it just the same as how you stumbled across silkbacks? i love the bright orange stripe along the head. thats good colour for a hatchie.
His was just as mine is, it must just be in the genes of a certain animal or the combination of the two genes together.

Thats amazing, must be one in a million. Your very lucky goaty. you should buy a scratchie.

alright, you twisted my arm, ill bring my girl round for a sleep over :)

hope all is well with them they are beautiful animals

They are going ok, I have 2 from the clutch and anothet 4 didnt hatch (there were 6 silkbacks in the clutch total). Just starting to chase down woodies, so fingers crossed all will be good.

Looks like another autosomal recessive trait with about a quarter of the babies smoothies, shame only 2 made it out of their eggs. :-( The parents of this lot will be very valuable!!!
They are going ok, I have 2 from the clutch and anothet 4 didnt hatch (there were 6 silkbacks in the clutch total). Just starting to chase down woodies, so fingers crossed all will be good.

How many clutches have you got from that female this season? anymore in the incubator?

I almost expected this thread to be someone asking of their normal baby was a silkback :lol: i am sooo glad i opened it and saw what i did!
HUGEST congrats to you, i hope they continue to do well for you and hopefully other clutches from this pair produce more.
I must also say thank you for sharing the photos, i am sure there may be others that have bred them in Aus before but haven't shared pics.

so are you selling the normals from the clutch?? or are they all hold backs now??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back