• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Silkworms - eggs and/or 1 week old hatchlings available now

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilkwormCity

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Scientific Name

Common Name

Sex

Length : 1cm

Quantity Available : Estimate about 20 lots

General Description : Very healthy little guys!! You must have access to fresh mulberry leaves if you want to grow these out to a larger size for larger lizards and amphibians. The leaves provided will only last until they reach you. I can also include a care / lifecycle sheet if you are interested. Can be a fun short term pet for the kids.

Willing to Freight? : Express Post service. $9 postage - can fit multiple lots (max 6 = 300pax) into the one parcel.

Contact Details : Please pm me if interested

Fauna Permit Number (Required for SA Sellers Only)

Attachments

• silkworm.jpg
    silkworm.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 129
  • Small hatchlings.jpg
    Small hatchlings.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Black wormy things on the leaf are young worms.
Little dots are the eggs:
moribabiesime.jpg

Fully grown next to cocoon:
silkworm_sml.jpg

Moth and eggs:
silkw_moth.jpg

p.s. I'm interested in some if you have any left by November.

Sorry - new at this !! I have now attached some photos - the ones on offer are compared to a $1 coin, and the other pic is what they look like at around 3 weeks old.

There used to be heaps of trees where I live, Leigh. I'll suss them out on the weekend if I remember.
Failing that, just ask the kids in your street if they know of any whereabouts.

*edit* My nan lives in Arcadia Ave, and I'm 100% sure there was a tree there in the past.
I'll find out if it's still there for you.

Alright, just got off the phone to the missus, and she can't remember if it's still there.
But I remembered the location of three trees near me. I'll look for them tomorrow.

Back on topic.
SilkwormCity, How many do you get for $10? The description was a bit misleading.

Hey Leigh - I had to find some supply trees too! I found mine just by driving around and looking. You could ask your local pet shop - if they sell silkworms - they need a supply of mulberry leaves and may know of a tree you could access too. Your local council may be able to tell you if any of their parks have mulberry trees - the best ones I have found here are along a creek in a public park. Another one is behind a bus shelter - just on the road reserve. As they are very messy when fruiting, they aren't very popular anymore for backyards, but seem popular here with organic gardeners or homeowners who have fruit trees and vegie patches. Hope that helps!

Hi Duke - sorry my listing wasn't clear - new to this!! I'll edit the post - $10 for a lot of 50 - I have about 20 lots available at the moment.

P.S. I have a huge Mulberry Tree in the back yard. If anyone buys some silk worms from 'Silkworm City' and lives in the northside of Brisbane, I'd be happy to provide some leaves for you!!

Just because i'm so nice!!:D

Wow Python_Princess87!! Thanks for your positive comments - our beardies love them too. Thornlands is in the Redland Shire - south east of Brissy - you head off to Stradbroke Island from here. You guys are on the northside of Brissy so quite a drive from there. Sorry!

ok, ive got a guy to give me my fix... by which i mean there 'potentially' is a mulberry bush at my brother's school, so pending on the real excistence of said tree, i would be 'potentially' interested in your wares.

i will take 4 please .I am located on the gold coast Can i direct credit to your bank account

idiot

can i order 4 boxes please.I amlocated on the Gold Coast .Thanks Daniel.
ps i can do a bank transfer if thats convenient.

ooops sorry:shock:

Last edited:
Hi Mattwen
Had a bit of an influx of orders!! Could you please bear with me while I do a recount tonight and see how we are going. Can I get back to you tomorrow?
Thanks for your interest - if this lot goes this week - I will have another batch in about a week.
Are you interested in the eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back