QLD Silkworms (Toowoomba)

Discussion in 'For Sale (Non-Herp)' started by SilkwormCity, Oct 9, 2018.

1. SilkwormCity

SilkwormCity Not so new Member

I used to sell silkworms as food for lizards and frogs many years ago on this site. If anyone is interested I've started raising them again and have a couple of hundred small ones ready to go. I'm in Toowoomba, Qld.

I've checked with Australia Post and I think the costs are prohibitive - it would be around $20 for an Express Post box (as they now charge an additional $4.20 "Separate Bag" fee for silkworms/live bees/leeches).

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  2. Inaktze

Inaktze New Member

Hi, I am interested to buy some silkworms. I am also in Toowoomba. How much are you selling them for?

3. Flaviemys purvisi

Flaviemys purvisi Very Well-Known Member

G'day, I'm in Toowoomba and would definitely get a few silkies off you for my turtles. Let us know when you're ready.
    Cheers.

4. Hindy

Hindy Active Member

Im interested also! Just need a price on postage

5. SilkwormCity

SilkwormCity Not so new Member

Hi! Sorry - this message ended up in my junk folder of my emails. I'm selling tubs of 20 for $10 (3cm long).
    --- Automatic Post Merged, Oct 16, 2018, Original Post Date: Oct 16, 2018 ---
    Hi! Sorry - this message ended up in my junk folder of my emails. I'm selling tubs of 20 for $10. I've found some local pet shops that have bought most of what I have now. The cost with Australia Post is going to be prohibitive I think - it's much more expensive than what it was 12 years ago when I was using that service.
    --- Automatic Post Merged, Oct 16, 2018 ---
    Hi! Yes that would be great - I'm selling tubs of 20 for $10 (3cm long). Let me know if you're interested.

Flaviemys purvisi likes this.