Silkworms

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emma0

Reaction score
is it safe to feed canned silkworms in the morning, leave them there all day, and then the lizard eat them in the afternoon?
I did that today and only just realised that that’s probably just like having meat out all day and then them eating it. Probably not a great idea??
Or is this something not to stress about as other ppl do this all of the time?

Good luck convincing your pet lizard to eat canned silkworms, I've never had any of my skinks or dragons show any interest in eating them, even if I chopped them up, they simply refused to eat them.
Even the resident wild skinks turned their noses up at them.
I'll never buy another can of silkworms.

Live silkworms, are a different story, they are literally hoovered down especially when under 1 inch long.

Good luck convincing your pet lizard to eat canned silkworms, I've never had any of my skinks or dragons show any interest in eating them, even if I chopped them up, they simply refused to eat them.
Even the resident wild skinks turned their noses up at them.
I'll never buy another can of silkworms.

Live silkworms, are a different story, they are literally hoovered down especially when under 1 inch long.

Oh they both eat them happily. I can leave them there or tong feed them (silkworms or crickets). The boy has just been inactive during the first half of the days lately. The girl is always active and keen to eat first thing in the morning. (They are shinglebacks)

That’s why I’m worried. I know they were sitting there not touched all day. And then he ate them in the afternoon. So I hope they didn’t go rancid. Or should I not be concerned over this?
[doublepost=1549420256,1549420145][/doublepost]They love the live ones too!! I just find canned very convenient and they are keen on them.

Hello,

I would think that leaving them out during the day should be just fine. Just be sure they aren't directly under the heat & light area.
That is surprising that they do eat them, but a good option for when you are not home.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back