Sitting in water dish

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zoe87

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I just fed my snake and when he hit and coiled the mouse it popped and he got yuck all over himself. Once he was finished eating I wiped him down with a damp cloth. I've just gone to check on him and he is sitting with his whole body in his water dish. Would he be doing this because of all the mouse yuck all over him or because of something more sinister?
thanks heaps in advance.

He would be doing it just because he feels like it, i highly doubt there is anything sinister involved or that you have anything to worry about. Some of my snakes go in their water if they feel like it. My diamond loves to go to sleep while in the bath.

I have an adult carpet that does it routinely after nearly every feed. Interpretation of this behavior would lead to several assumptions. None of which I'm about to espouse as fact.

I will, however, say it has nothing to do with ''mouse yuck''.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies. He's never done this before so it just threw me a little. In fact I've only ever seen him near his water dish twice before. Once when he was having a drink and then last feed when he got a little excited and fell into the water while coiled around his mouse. I had to pull him out by the mouses tail while he was coiled around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back