Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bitey

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I know a few people on here do this, as i have done searches.
I was wondering how people did this, I mean how big, amount of time between feeds (fortnightly , monthly ect), normal temps or higher.
I am not after debates on right or wrong , just info on how people go about it as I'm a bit :?about scaarfing.

this is going to be a looong one Val. Here's cheers!!

Basically power feeding Whisper..

Feeding rats on a high protein diet to snakes

Its to do with how often you feed.

Basically every 4-5 days.

OK i've never heard of skaarfing.So whats it do to the snake?

See this i just dont get ...SKAARFING...POWER FEEDING!!!!!!!!
So nobody demand feeds their animals.....? If they are hungry .....you feed them!
Unless you are stuffing food down their throats.........animals only eat when they are hungry..RIGHT?
Yes ive bred animals for quite a while........so how do you get any animal to eat more .....?
OR are some not eeding enough?

Last edited:
I'd like to know what the hell 'Skaarfing' actually means too. I've seen it thrown around on here a few times too. it's not even a word so christ knows whoever came up with it???

Quite possibley!...........I inject pinkies with a liquid vitamin/calcium....saves the problem of dusting every feed with my Bearded Dragons,also do the same for my friends Accys,Storrs,B/Dragons & Frilly..........but they only eat if they are hungry!

I'd like to know what the hell 'Skaarfing' actually means too. I've seen it thrown around on here a few times too. it's not even a word so christ knows whoever came up with it???

I've always thought that the term generally means to eat greedily, like 'scoff'. You can 'scarf / skaarf' or 'scoff' down a bucket of chips like a greedy seagull. Not just related to herps. It may be a slang term particular to Australia, or even just certain regions.

Either that, or it's a term named after a scandanavian herpetologist...(forgive me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back