Skink giving birth

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AUSGECKO

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi,
This afternoon i was at a relatives house at Swansea having a few beers and i heard something moving through the garden so naturally i went and checked out what it was and it was a Northern she-oak skink (Cyclodomorphus michaeli) So i grabbed her. She done alot of hissing and trying to bite but she quickly settled down. I noticed i had alot of clear water like liquid on my hands and when i turned her over at first i thought she had two tails but quickly realised she was giving birth! I dumped all the beers out of the esky, put some grass in there and watched her give birth. I released mother and baby soon after. Heres some pics - enjoy.:D
Sorry about the quality, Camera phone!:D

Attachments

• Northern she-oak skink 001.jpg
    Northern she-oak skink 001.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 116
  • Northern she-oak skink 002.jpg
    Northern she-oak skink 002.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 122
  • Northern she-oak skink 003.jpg
    Northern she-oak skink 003.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 157
And some pics of the baby:D

Attachments

• Northern she-oak skink 004.jpg
    Northern she-oak skink 004.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Northern she-oak skink 005.jpg
    Northern she-oak skink 005.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 101
  • Northern she-oak skink 006.jpg
    Northern she-oak skink 006.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 90
awsome! igot a few she-oaks. great skinks. never seen one in the wild. nice work mate.

how many did it give birth to?
Only one that i know of, I released them after about half an hour. When i first picked her up i think i scared her into giving birth, The tail was hanging out for about 10 minutes of me watching her and nothing else was happening so i went and grabbed another beer and by the time i came back the baby was running around. I think she had stage fright! :D I thought it was probably best to let her go and have the rest naturally. No pressure;)

cool, thats something not many people will get to see. Enjoy the beers mate! Have a great weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back