Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Went to Paluma Dam on the w'end for a spot of camping and found this rather large skink. He was about 15cm stv and was rather happy to pose for the camera. I'm thinking maybe a Major Skink from the Egernia Genus, however I know nothing about skinks so help me out. He was found over a dam wall in a pond, brown colour no strpies on back.
The other little guy is a baby EWD I believe and was rusty coloured due to the rusty water he was bathing in. Not a very good pic as he wouldn't sit still for me.:rolleyes:

Something I found amusing was the info board which had pics of local wildlife to keep an eye out for and under the info for the Scrubbie was a beautiful picture of a burmese or ball python (bad pic was a little hard to make out, but definately not Australian):shock:....hmmm, wonder if they find many up there:lol:

Attachments

• paluma3.JPG
    paluma3.JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 106
  • paluma6.JPG
    paluma6.JPG
    260.6 KB · Views: 99
  • paluma1.JPG
    paluma1.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 120
My book says EWS are around 11cm stv but this guy was quite a bit bigger than that and seemed very stocky. Around 15 s to v and about 25cm all up. If he is a EWS he's a rather large one.

I love the third pic

Simone.

Yeah, ain't he just the cutest! I saw two of these little fellas in different spots but damn they were fast. The second one I didn't even get the lens cap off.

Ok then, I was taking my info from Steve Wilson's A field Guide to Reptiles of Queensland. I was also looking at head scales, but like I said i know nothing about skinks so all info is appreciated! I've put one more pic which may be a bit better to see his head. Whatever he is he was a little cutie and was so polite to let me get nice and close for pics:D

Attachments

• paluma5.JPG
    paluma5.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 78
eastern water skink maybe

it looks like an eastern water skink. it looks simlar to the ones we have round our house and there eastern water skinks so yeh im goin wit eastern water skink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back