Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scam7278

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
i was watching snake hunter the other day on austar and he had to do a rescue in a pub,and i think the snake was called a slatey grey.My question is..... is there another name for this snake cause i have never heard of it (not that i know the name of every snake) but it was absolutly beautiful a dark grey almost black snake and looked like a RBBS but its non venomious but very aggresive.Does anyone on keep these and if so are they very common either in the wild or in captivity?

cheers

hobbo.....................

theyre actually a quite common snake up north. trust me there would be alot of snakes you wouldnt of heard of.... not saying your herpetologically uneducated, its just that we have over 1600 (not sure of exact numbers) or so species in australia, so dont be ashamed if there are a few you have never heard of...

I've been looking for info and pics of these guys for ages but can't find anything on the net. Are they commonly kept in captivity?

theyre actually a quite common snake up north. trust me there would be alot of snakes you wouldnt of heard of.... not saying your herpetologically uneducated, its just that we have over 1600 (not sure of exact numbers) or so species in australia, so dont be ashamed if there are a few you have never heard of...

No offence but where the hell did you get 1600 species of snake from. maybe around 160, maybe 172.

As for the topic of interest, i think i have seen them in the private world. I know keelbacks are certainly in the private collections, these are in the same family.

Your thinking all reptile species i hope not just snakes!

they are quite commonly kept in captivity in oz, theres quite a few people that keep them.
Some years theres a lot available others not so many.
Very cool snakes although they like to bite.

????????

I just typed in "slatey grey snake" in google and came up with a fair bit on it.

Yeah I just did then and finally got some info. I think the problem was I was typing in slate instead of slatey:)

No offence but where the hell did you get 1600 species of snake from. maybe around 160, maybe 172.

As for the topic of interest, i think i have seen them in the private world. I know keelbacks are certainly in the private collections, these are in the same family.

1600!!! lol, im getting a bit optimistic.... thanks for the correction sloth head, hopefully my boss puts an extra zero on my pay cheque... ;)

This is my bloke , hoping to pair him up with a female next season, very calm for a slatey , i can pick him up with out any hassles.
cheers,
cringles

Attachments

• DSCF2536.jpg
    DSCF2536.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 196
anyone else keep them? or breed them?
nice snake by the way cringles

in nsw there is
Stegonotus cucullatus M2638 Slaty-grey Snake \

3 people with them on licence

2 sold or disposed of