Slowly getting through!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

starr9

Reaction score
So last night we were at my other half's parents place for dinner when his mum pipes up with this:
Mother in law: "There was a stripy snake on TV the other night in someones pool. They guy said they were normally found underground but due to the heat this one was out and about more. Im not sure what it was but it was an ok one like yours."
Me: "Oh sounds like a Woma or a black headed python."
M in law: "Woma I think it was. Cute too"
Me: :shock:
Me: I thought you we not a fan of snakes?!?!
M in law: Yer Im not a huge fan, but I have seen the way you are with your girl and even tho she's getting to the size of a boa, she's not all that bad." (I have a stimmie who is approx 1.2 meters)
Me: :shock:
M in law: And you always tell me all the cute things she is doing. I think your crazyness is rubbing off on me!! Plus I did some reading and if your going to get a new snake at some point I think a woma would be good.
Me: :D WOW!! Good on you for reading up about them! And you do know Woma's get bigger than my girl now?!
M in law: Yer I read that....I may touch it when its small...... if it stays as cute as the one I saw on TV I may hold it one day.......

So slowly I am getting through!!! This is from a lady who would rather kill a snake than relocate it 8 months ago. Now she relocate's and makes sure she takes pic's to show me!

The age of miracles has not yet passed!
I reckon you should be feeling pretty chuffed at having pulled that major turn around off. Congratulations and enjoy.

Blue

Congratulations, changing older people's views is very hard! Sounds like you have open another set of eyes to the fact snakes are ok!

My mumma had nightmares when I first bought my girl home, and now she complains that I've moved out and she doesn't get "cuddles" anymore!
Congratulations at the turn around - now you just have to convince her to get one of her own! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back