Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitella

Reaction score
thought i might show you what i caught yesterday.........a carpentaria snake, we (me and the local snakecatcher who i go catching with) spent about 2-3 hours checking him/her out and calling some herp friends to see him/her since they only are seen or caught every few years where i live so this is my first one
Pentax20130121_3 008.jpg
btw feel free to post some pics up but i got to watch myself on t.v first:) seven news

Congratulations on a good find. It's a good head shot too. Did it make the news?

Where was this....they are fairly common across their range. They are secretive but not rare.

It was a wild coastal x jungle that you relocated back into the wild????

townsville, and someone had released the carpentaria and then we caught a big carpet and common tree but the news didn't want the carpentaria instead they wanted the carpet:?

wild coastal x jungles are common here

Boschami are common towards Charters

Carpentaria Snake (Cryptophis boschmai) is sometimes mistaken for the Small-eyed Snake (Cryptophis nigrescens). Both species have relatively small eyes, which often indicates that a snake is nocturnal (although there are exceptions to this rule like the Brown Tree Snake). However a good way to tell the difference between these two species is that the nasal scale is not in contact with the preocular scale in C. boschmai. Here's a link to diagrams illustrating the difference: Cryptophis differences | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back