Smooth knob tail gecko sexing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie2257

Reaction score
Iv been searching the net a bit to try a find out how to sex my levis levis, I can't really find to much on it but iv heard it has to do with the "bumps" just between the back legs and the tail on the side , from what I can gather the large bumps mean male and small female but I wanted a second opinion.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 163
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 162
I think those "bumps" is the hemipenal bulge on the underside at the base of the tail for males. Correct me if I'm wrong?

The spurs on it indicate male. But males also have large bumps underneath as well.

The male will Have 2 Large bulges under the base of the tail with noticeable spurs on the side of the bulges. The female will have a much smaller bulge with no spurs.

And usually the male is more colourful (vibrant) and the species is sexually dimorphic, the female is considerably bigger than the male. The bulges under the tail also tell and i think back when looking at mine a males tail is smaller than a female's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back