Snails

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ad

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi All
Just got a shipment of snails in for my Boyds Rainforest dragons, they love 'em! (So does my sons bluey and my spencers monitor)
A lady organically produces them up on the darling downs.
They are cheap, freeze ok and look like they are excellent nutritional value.
If anyone wants any, Carolyn is overstocked at the moment, pm me for her email address.
Cheers
Ad

:lol: My garden is overstocked :lol: Are they a specific type Ad? I'm just curious. I've heard of a guy who actually eats common variety garden snails after purging them over a couple of weeks....errr..I think I'll stick to my Weet Bix in the morning though thanks :wink:

Hi Moose,
I'm no expert, but they look garden variety to me.
I was thinking if my lizards didnt like them Id have to take up a french cooking class or two!
also, these are organic, no chance of insecticides!
Cheers
Ad

The common garden snail is the one used in cooking.

:D Hmmm, I know just the guy to "shell" them for you, might do it cheap too. Could be a buisness
oportunity here! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: RE: Snails

moosenoose said:
I've heard of a guy who actually eats common variety garden snails after purging them over a couple of weeks....errr..I think I'll stick to my Weet Bix in the morning though thanks :wink:

Nah moosey, in a Garlic, brandy and tomato sauce still sizzling when served, they are the bomb!! Escargot is great, althought i think the snails they use are specially bred in wine drums and fed on wheat only.

Taste great!!!

I agree with you Al, cooked the right way, they are delicious!

I used to have a good collection of snails for my shinglebacks. It was their absolute favourite food, and really helped condition some of them which were underweight when I got them.

mmm.....snails :)

A lady organically produces them up on the darling downs.
They are cheap, freeze ok and look like they are excellent nutritional value.
If anyone wants any, Carolyn is overstocked at the moment, pm me for her email address.

Hi Ad, Carolyn had her advert on the HerpTrader for over a year until one day in Sept, when I received this very nice email from her. :D :D

""Dear Judy,
I am happy to say, that a pet shop in Brisbane will take every snail I can produce, so could you please take the add of, the only thing I am sad about is I will miss your friendly chat, how do I thank a person that has helped me so much, I am truely grearfull, the trouble with selling the snails privately was most of them wouldn,t pay,so it cost me a lot of money, well, I won,t have that problem any more, thank you again Judy, you take care,I wish you all the happiness.
Carolyn""

(I have since emailed her to see if she would like her advert up again just to help sell some of her overstock of snails) :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back