snake bedding (aspen) caught in roof of mouth of baby spotted python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristian

Reaction score
So i was feeding my baby spotted python a pinky, she swallowed it along with a little bit of bedding, i managed to pick most of it off gently with tweezers but missed a piece that was stuck to the roof of her mouth. She had already swallowed the pinky but her mouth was still a little wonky and her tounge trying to get the bedding out. I tried grabbing her behind the head to open her mouth but failed as her body went hysterical around my fingers. Will this bedding dissolve on the roof of her mouth or do i have to take her to a vet? Pls help xx

You haven't said what type of bedding it is, which makes it impossible to say! It'll almost certainly be fine though; the snake will either end up swallowing it and passing it without incident or it will manage to spit it out. Going to the vet for this is a bit like going to hospital because you spilled orange juice on your hand, assuming the hospital is really expensive and likely to do more harm than good.

If it is aspen bedding it is probably just jammed in the mouth and will dislodge over time, and either pass through the snake or be spat out The easiest way to hold the mouth open is with a flat credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back