Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yer with these the venom is difficult to convey into a bite on a human, thus is only given in small doses. The venom appears to be weakly neurotoxic and possibly cytotoxic with localized effects, but these effects are trivial for adult humans, and serious medical consequences have been limited to children due to their low mass.[1] This snake is still not considered dangerous to an adult human.[3] The venom seems to be primarily used to subdue lizards, which are more easily positioned in the rear of the mouth for venom delivery.[1]

Don't ya just love Wikipedia :lol:

my reaction to BTS bites has progressed over the years and i now steer clear of any possibility of a bite due to this i get splitting headaches, burning pain on the limb of bite (always arm) and ALOT of swelling which lasts for quite some time.

although they are not supposed to be dangerous i personally treat them with great caution.

i havent broken out in hives or a rash like that before and wouldnt risk it either.

i had an envenomation from a denisonia devisi which presented the same type of symptoms that i have when a BTS has a chew on me.

thanks for the pics wizz. interesting to see someone else has a reaction to BTS's

here u go snowman some pics for ya .... i think u may of had a shelled life..

Attachments

• tf.JPG
    tf.JPG
    258.7 KB · Views: 100
  • tf1.JPG
    tf1.JPG
    273.5 KB · Views: 138
Sounds like an allergic reaction, next bite will likely be a lot worse.

wow WIZZ ...how many times have you been bitten by the BTS prior to this ?

and I bet that big toe of yours goes really fast tooo ;)

Unfortunately allergic reactions tend to get alot worse with each exposure.... And when it gets to the point of your throat swelling closed it can be lethal.... I would get the same reaction to a shot of pennecillin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back