snake burrowing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonno

Not so new Member
Reaction score
ive had my snake for a few weeks,
he is about 5 mths old and i havent had any probs with feeding or anything like that.. he has been good. spends all his time in his hide.
last night was the first time ive seen him out of his hide on his own accord.
i went and checked on him an hour later and he had buried himself (i use bc). i got him out with a chop stick (wasnt happy with me) and this morning hes done it again cept he was ok when i got him out with the chop stick. why would he be all of a sudden burying himself?

thanks in advance

jonno

My children hatchy used to do that so i put some more stuff in there to hide and gave him more heat now he doesnt do it.

Are you using an under-tank heater?
Possible that he wants to get a bit closer to the heat source, or (as has already been suggested) may just need a little more hidey-spaces and privacy.

My snake constantly buries himself. He also digs and estroys the tank all the time. Is a real pain in the butt cos he's keeps filling the water bowl with the substrate. I'm not worried though as he is a terrestrial snake.
What type is yours? Don't be too alarmed though, it's perfectly natural.

he is a childreni
his hide is over the heat source(heat mat) hes burrowing near the heat source but not over it.. ill get a few more small hides and place them at diff parts of the cage

If you wanted him to come out more by himself, don't put a hide over the heat. If he wants to get warm he'll come out and sit there. But more hides never hurt. :D

Me also thinks that he is burrowing to get closer to the heat.Just out of curiosity what temp are the pellets above the mat?

cheers M.....

heat on the actual pellets is from 30c to 34c in the day and seen it at anywhere from 28c and 30c at night
his hide is over the heat mat and he is burrowing in the corner near the heat mat not over it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back