Snake eats cat? Cat eats snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inkage

Reaction score
So i haven't seen this video of the snake eating a kitten not for a lack of trying, seems it was flagged pretty quickly and thrown in the internet rubbish bin, the human responsible was fined like a gazillion dollars ect...

Whilst adventuring Youtube though i did find a great deal of videos displaying furry cute tabby cats chewing snakes heads off, playing tug o war with them ect, and sometimes a proud cat owner praising the furry thing for saving us all from the scaled 30cm beast of doom that was surely about to devour his family and took over the world....

How come the reversed scenario is not frowned apon? Why wouldn't the cat owner be shunned? Its a domestic pet eating another animal right?

there are more cat lovers than snake lovers i'm afraid. It's all about perspective.....anything is considered right given the aligning perspective

I agree Inkage, the disparity is seriously disappointing. If you do manage to find the video though can you PM me the link?

news article for the story here also vid is at the bottom of the page view at your own discretion [link deleted]i think JPN has it pretty much nail on the head, tho i don't necessarily agree with the action in the vid etc, i do find the hypocrisy of the "animal rights" organizations to be more of a worry, its there hypocritical attitude that leads most people to think they are a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
news article for the story here also vid is at the bottom of the page view at your own discretion [link deleted] i think JPN has it pretty much nail on the head, tho i don't necessarily agree with the action in the vid etc, i do find the hypocrisy of the "animal rights" organizations to be more of a worry, its there hypocritical attitude that leads most people to think they are a joke.

I trust you've read the quotes from that article then?

"Sick sick sick, what harm did that poor little kitten do to anyone. This world is getting so vile."

"this article made me cry. I didn't watch the video, but how could anything do this to a living thing? that really is SICK!"

Yes really - how could we ever use fly spray, swat a mosquito, how dare we destroy a spiders' web....

The video showing a live kitten being fed is wrong... But like you said Tristan - the hypocrisy is what gets me!

Last edited by a moderator:
In the UK it is illegal to feed any live vertebrate (including fish) to another animal, feeding live mice/rats is frowned upon by responsible owners. Snake food (dead mice/rats/chicks etc..) is bought from pet shops already dead and frozen. What this person did was to create a snuff film, he fed a defenseless kitten to the snake and played Xmas music in the background. The next day he posted another video of him drowning another kitten in the bath. Most of us eat meat, most of us expect that the way we get the meat is as humane as possible and not as the result of engineered torture or ill treatment. Clearly the videos that are being posted of the engineered feeding and drowning are not the result of someone providing a service to the food industry. Its a sick minded attention seeker. The issue with this story is the intent and probable deceit behind the action. An action that seems driven by a desire for self gratification of a human rather than nutritional need of the snake.Where did the kitten come from? How long had he owned it? If the kitten was bought the man probably lied as it is highly unlikely a cat owner sold their kitten as food. This is concerning as he must have come across as believable to the person selling the kitten that he would care for the animal. The kitten also seems to be quite trusting of the man. Does this suggest he formed a bond with the animal over time?Then there is the most concerning issue - his apparent need to perform acts he knows are outside of those considered the 'norm' for society for self gratification. Feeding a kitten live to a snake and posting it on the internet was done to get a reaction. He has also claimed he will post more. what else is to come? What if everything he has filmed so far is not enough to satisfy his 'needs'?Studies into this type of behaviour indicate that this type of individual, driven by a desire for attention to perform acts that shock, can move on to even 'bigger and better' acts to ensure the attention and horror continues.

In the UK it is NOT illegal to live feed
While it is usually frowned upon as you said it is not illegal

While I totally agree this guy filming this is a sadistic jerk
So were the reactions of the pommies
Calls for the Death Penalty?
25 years hard time??
Etc etc etc
The feeding frenzy they went on regarding this must have given the film maker so much pleasure
The video of drowning another kitten was posted before the snake one
Only drawn to public attention because of the uproar

dear sir, it seems unfair to handpick a few emotional comments to represent "pommies". I assure you it is not a question of cats versus snakes, as this blog's tone seems to make out. People do like both, like myself! Many people said the snake did what came to it naturally but it was the person who was at fault. Why have you not mentioned those comments? People do say things when they are angry, but it does not equate to what a sadist planned and carried out.

The person posted something similar (allegedly) last year, suffocating 2 kittens to xmas music. To identify this person two newspapers and now others have joined in the campaign to catch this sadistic person who has promised more feeding videos.Please remember that it is people like he who give responsible snake owners a bad name.

Last edited:
i would be interested in how many here will think its ok when (not if) but WHEN this moron feeds a live human child to his snake after all the snakes only doing what comes naturally
right?

All I can say is ... Gosh the cat hate thing gets real old after a while .....
There are responsible cat owners out there, my two have never been outside except when on a harness .....I love my cats i also love my reptiles ....
i don't agree with feeding anything live to snakes less it's a very last resort

I haven't seen the video and have no desire to. Based on what I've read about it here though, my main concern is how far this individual is going to take it.

He's posted the videos he has and promised more right? Historically, most serial killers started out with the torture of puppies and kittens - I'm in no way saying he should stick with kittens but how long before the kittens no longer satisfy his need to inflict pain?

I think we need to look beyond the cat owner vs snake owner issue - the REAL issue here is that there is a very sick individual out there looking for attention and could quite possibly move on to hurting people. He should be tracked down, caught and put through strenuous psych evaluations.

A quick search of youtube sees a variety of snakes eating live rats (in enclosures) - while these videos are no where near as sadistic as the one mentioned here, tell me, what is the difference between that rat I mention and the kitten?

This is what outrages me - no newspaper instantly shows someone feeding a rat to a snake - but as soon as someone shows a kitten being fed, he's instantly insane and needs to be locked away for 25 years.

I just can't understand the hypocrisy still!! It's not right, I KNOW, but it's so hypocritical of these comments on the newspaper site and above all, they're giving this guy freedom to strike again!

Agree completely Slim. This thread has nothing to do with cat hating or live feeding. In fact, IgotFrogs, I see no hatred towards cats at all here. This is about the hypocrisy shown when a "cute" animal is killed instead of one that most people don't consider as worthy of affection.
Jeanine, are you seriously suggesting that feeding a child to a snake is only one step away from using a cat?

I oppose feeding anything live. It makes me angry when I see or hear that people are doing it. If it is a very last resort yes but in captivity it's not needed.

hrmmmm maybe we should all train our reptiles to eat cotton candy and cornflakes ....

i would be interested in how many here will think its ok when (not if) but WHEN this moron feeds a live human child to his snake after all the snakes only doing what comes naturally
right?

Haha, that is so ridiculously over the top even for you :lol:

This blokes obviously a nutter, i dont think anyone will argue that. Its the method i have an issue with though, not the ingestion. Kill them humanely before feeding them in. The fact he has made a production of it suggests hes not most mentally stable character anyway.

I've recycled humanely euthanised kittens in my snakes, i dont see a problem with it.

Jeanine, are you seriously suggesting that feeding a child to a snake is only one step away from using a cat?

I believe Jeanine is referring to the tendency of serial killers to begin with kittens and puppies and then move on to humans - though I could be wrong.

This guy isn't 'insane and needs to be locked up for 25years' blah blah for feeding a live kitten to a snake - he needs to be locked up for making a spectacle of it and promising not to stop. This is a massive indication that he's unstable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back