Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DNolte

Reaction score
Hi all you snake lovers,

Does anyone know what kind of Australian snake is similiar to the attached pic? We found one in our backyard (Kellyville, Sydney) this evening and are curious to know what it is. Noooo we didn't kill it, we caught it and let it loose in the forest.

KingSnake.jpg
I've attached a pic of a Californian Kind Snake as it's the closest I could find on the web to the snake we saw this evening.

Cheers!:lol:

Hi there,

Thank you very much for responding..I'm feeling much better now that I know what it was :p

We caught it and released it into the forest last night.

Cheers
Dianne

looks very dirty and different head i would have thought it was a stephens banded buy im prob wrong lol

Rarely available, and you normally have to pinkie pump, force or occassionally they'll take lizards.

More likely a Stephen's Banded Snake, Bandy-bandys are quite rare, And they eat nothing but blind snakes.

More likely a Stephen's Banded Snake, Bandy-bandys are quite rare, And they eat nothing but blind snakes.

Ive found quiet a few,especially after its been drizzling and just after dark..They arnt rare at all,just not seen like other snakes..Ben are Stephens Banded found in Sydney...Blind snakes generally only eat blind snakes and keeping them in captivity would be nothing but difficult..IMO you would force feed,use a pinky pump like Gillsy mentioned..

Ive found quiet a few,especially after its been drizzling and just after dark..They arnt rare at all,just not seen like other snakes..Ben are Stephens Banded found in Sydney...Blind snakes generally only eat blind snakes and keeping them in captivity would be nothing but difficult..IMO you would force feed,use a pinky pump like Gillsy mentioned..

Stephen's Banded are definately in the Gosford area, if in Sydney it would be their most southernly distribution.
In Qld where you are, the Bandy Bandy is reasonibly common, in Sydney, not so.
As for your comment on the feeding habits , I'm hoping you meant that Bandy Bandies generally only eat Blind snakes, as Blind snakes are generally insectiverous.

Yes i was,i made a typo..How about Stephens banded,does anyone know if they are in the Sydney area..I didnt find the Bandy Bandys up here in QLD,actually the Mid North Coast(moved)..But on a drizzly night,they would be on road,side of road..See quiet a few..So can anyone elaborate on what it could be,are the Stephens banded found that south(Sydney) or it wouldve been a Bandy Bandy..

Bandy Bandy's can be found in sydney
(central coast) without to much trouble. if you know where to look

we had a bandy bandy brought to us as the finder thought it was a coral snake.... on the goldcoast 20km inland made me giggle:D

Maybe if the DSE should make an exotic licence 4 ppl maybe we wouldnt see so many out & about in the wild.Theres been story's of RTB's in jell's park in victoria not that thay would last the winter.But thats not fair on the snakes behalf just so who ever own's it doesnt cop a fine.

Stephens banded snake dont occur where the poster found the bandy bandy.

Thats what i thought,so i gather Bandy Bandy do..I thought the Stephens were more of a Central Coast(furthest south) to QLD..

Maybe if the DSE should make an exotic licence 4 ppl maybe we wouldnt see so many out & about in the wild.Theres been story's of RTB's in jell's park in victoria not that thay would last the winter.But thats not fair on the snakes behalf just so who ever own's it doesnt cop a fine.

What do exotics have to do with anything?

Well if its a king snake this person saw in there backyard then its an exotic & shouldn't be there if its a bandy bandy well that native 2 the area.Am l right or wrong u tell me please as l'd like 2 know if u read the 1st msg theres a pic of a king snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back