Snake going crazy again

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This just makes me and I am sure most others very curious as to who they are. If there isnt anything underhanded I see no reason why you would think it "isn't right" to tell us.

In regard to not asking them for advice, could it be that you don't want them to see that you have limited experience in this situation?
If that is the case you would be better off being honest with them so you can gain the experience first hand from them, rather second or third hand on a forum.
They know my limited experience being fresh to the game when I started. And it’s more for My privacy and theirs that I don’t share.

They know my limited experience being fresh to the game when I started. And it’s more for My privacy and theirs that I don’t share.
What is more important? your privacy or your scaly friends better existence ? I get the privacy thing,I am a very private person( I don't even like washing my truck in the front yard) but my reptiles come first. And our animals must always come first because they can't speak for themselves.

What is more important? your privacy or your scaly friends better existence ? I get the privacy thing,I am a very private person but my reptiles come first. And our animals must always come first because they can't speak for themselves.
which is why i've asked here.

i just had her out again and she seemed fine... i think i really am just being paranoid and shes just a shy snake

sometimes more regular handling is all it takes,last night I played with all my sons snakes ( I couldn't handle any of mine because Saturday is my feed day) but all of his are cool as cucumbers because they are regular handlers,he has 7 pythons across different genera so it's not like they are all the same,They have different personalities as well as different traits

Everything else aside:

I think not doxxing yourself is probably smart.

While a lot of people aren't super concerned with their identities being known on a board like this because it is sort of "local" and it's a small world in the reptile industry in Aus so it can feel impossible not to be identified...
Well...people are crazy...some privacy allows a bit of a limit to the crazies reach.

While a lot of people aren't super concerned with their identities being known on a board like this because it is sort of "local" and it's a small world in the reptile industry in Aus so it can feel impossible not to be identified...
Well...people are crazy...some privacy allows a bit of a limit to the crazies reach.

Unfortunately hiding in the shadows in this hobby is highly limited & difficult to do. In at least 2 states you have to 'advertise' your licence details to advertise animals for sale. In all states the exchanging of licence details at point of sale is also a problem. You can't hide your identity unless you never buy or sell any animals, to which end you don't actually enter the hobby.
While I understand Bl69aze I feel its a pointless effort to try and hide your online footprint. If someone wants to find you they can & will. For the vast majority of us this will never be a problem as we don't have anything worthy of attention or we don't upset people enough for them to invest the time & effort required to find us.

Unfortunately hiding in the shadows in this hobby is highly limited & difficult to do. In at least 2 states you have to 'advertise' your licence details to advertise animals for sale. In all states the exchanging of licence details at point of sale is also a problem. You can't hide your identity unless you never buy or sell any animals, to which end you don't actually enter the hobby.
While I understand Bl69aze I feel its a pointless effort to try and hide your online footprint. If someone wants to find you they can & will. For the vast majority of us this will never be a problem as we don't have anything worthy of attention or we don't upset people enough for them to invest the time & effort required to find us.
That’s fair for you to say about yourself, but I know a few online idiots who would get a kick out of ruining people’s lives.

@GBWhite i found some time to ask my main supervisor about the lapping over neck. his analysis was that, that’s what snakes do and they don’t have the same sense of touch/feel that humans do, which is why you see stuff of snakes biting themselves and just chomping down etc.

Turns out I was just paranoid

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back