Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not a great pic but if I had to take a guess based on those pics I would say it could be a Tiger. I know they are not common on the Sunshine coast but the head looks like a Tiger Snake. Its not a CTS, its body is way to robust.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2

I agree with those who say NOT a GTS, for starters it is brown in colour, not blue, or black like you seem to think, look at the picture it looks brown, even with the entire picture being tinged blue it still looks brown.

Any snake bite can make you sick..anaphylaxis, viral infections, anti coagulants..just because it's not 'venemous', doesnt mean letting it bite you is a smart idea.

I'm by no means a snake identification expert, but my first instinct is that it's not a CTS, mainly because of the ventrals.

These are the ventrals of a six foot CTS ...

Attachments

• CTSbite1.jpg
    CTSbite1.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 161
I'd Say Lesser Black Whip, I know a man that was bitten by one on the hand, the bite caused localised swelling with pain shooting up the arm and swelling of the lymph nodes under the arm. He also experienced a mild headache and lethargy.
The bite occurred at Tamborine Village.

Your not getting a reliable I.d from those shots.

I acknowledge what you are saying there Scott and why. However the question that the OP put forward is whether or not it is a CTS. So irrespective of identifying the actual species, the central question is do the features shown support the contention of the species being, or likely to be, a common tree snake?

Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
You cant make out the keels on the ventrals or much else for that matter. When the pics are that bad I tend to just take the word of the bloke handling it (he was there) and forget about it.

More to do with the way it was being held.If that doesn't get corrected he will keep being bitten,hence the "giving up" comment.

I was kinda thinking the same. That guy holding the snake must have been a wrestler in a previous life as it looks like a good old fashioned "sleeper hold" for mine.

No wonder he got a nip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back