Snake ID help please.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wardy

Reaction score
my mate was fishing in NT today and spotted these anyone know thier ID?

003-7.jpg

007-7.jpg

004-6.jpg

thanks

Keelbacks, but i've never seen them doing that before. Must be some kind of mating or combat.

Where abouts was it? And the really important question, did they catch anything?

il ask him exactly were but it was somewere in the North territory
and no on the catching of fish as soon as he seen a snake he jumped in the car faster then lighting lol. he said he spotted roughly 30 odd with in a 20 meter raidus.

il ask him exactly were but it was somewere in the North territory
and no on the catching of fish as soon as he seen a snake he jumped in the car faster then lighting lol. he said he spotted roughly 30 odd with in a 20 meter raidus.

That is bizzarre... although i have found 2 in one place once, then called back to the same place about 6 hours later and found another 4 but not at this time of the year. Get him to call the NT news with those pictures he'll get a front page for sure.

Looks like a big female Keelback and 4 smaller male suitors. Very lucky to see this.

Are they not so common up there?

People pilfer keelbacks? whats the world coming to?

People pilfer anything they can up here.

When i was doing relocations i was often called by flatmates/girlfriends to take away snakes that their friends had brought home. The majority of the time they had no idea what they were and on two occasions it was something that could kill you, a death adder and a gwardar. Keelbacks aren't the most common snake kept up here but i think it is better to keep the location secret.

What a truely magnificent sight,seeing so many in one place,as previously stated,more than likely a few males chasing the female..

WOW! that is unreal. Wish I had been there to see such a magnificent sight.
Definitely looks to me like a female being paraded by fine young men.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back