snake ID please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J3ss_

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I found this little guy this morning and unfortunately he had been run over by a lawn mower by my neighbour.. was just wanting to know what species it is. My guess would be a keelback but id like to know for sure..
It was about 60cm in length and i live in cairns..

P6141064.jpg

P6141072.jpg

P6141075.jpg

yes small eye'd snake, they are venomous small specimins can cause illness and large specimens are pottentially dangerous but not fatal.

thanks for the replys... im a bit confused now though.. slatey-grey or small eyed???????

It looks like a Slaty to me.
My question is, did the neighbour run over it on purpose????
If it was an accident (I doubt it) How could he not see it????

oh i was wrong i just looked it up in my herps book haha oops i was looking in elapids not colubrids and they look similar apart from their bellies

If you think thats a small eyed, go back to school. As already stated, its a young slatey grey. Lokk at the eye size for a starter, its not small.:)

bigguyIf you think thats a small eyed, go back to school. As already stated, its a young slatey grey. Lokk at the eye size for a starter, its not small.:)

Bigguy, try not to get fired up at the guy making the wrong ID.
Have a go at the idiot that ran it over with a mower. There is no excuss for killing a beautiful little snake like this.
Things like this gets me aggressive :x

Bigguy, try not to get fired up at the guy making the wrong ID.
Have a go at the idiot that ran it over with a mower. There is no excuss for killing a beautiful little snake like this.
Things like this gets me aggressive :x
Easy champ, mowers kill quite a few reps unfortunately.:(

It looks like a Slaty to me.
My question is, did the neighbour run over it on purpose????
If it was an accident (I doubt it) How could he not see it????

How can you assume that he ran over it on purpose! what evidence do you see that would support your theory?

It could have been thick, tall grass for all we know.
You need to be sure before you make statements like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back