Snake ID please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

falconboy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I'm no good with snakes but wondering what this is, pic was posted on a non reptile forum.

Someone there suggested death adder, even I'm not that thick.

I may be thick though when I say dugite (I know they can have the flecks?) But as I said, I have no idea, it may not even be venomous. The tail has confused me a bit too, not sure if its normal, damage or something from a bad shed.

Apparently 18-20 inches long, in Noosa

Attachments

• PC010075.jpg
    PC010075.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 157
  • PC010074.jpg
    PC010074.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 127
Ah, told you I have no idea about snakes. All I knew is dugites can have flecks through them, but I did think the colour and lack of obvious scales was odd. At least I didn't think it was a death adder. LOL.

Cute little thing.

Nah, not me mate, I'm not in Noosa, as I said 'pic was posted on a non reptile forum', which is probably where I should spend most of my time since I thought it might be a dugite and it ends up not even being a snake. :) Would be nice to come across though.

I'll pass the message on.

Last edited:
snakes dont have ear openings ,on the sides of their heads ...check the head 1st and if you see openings then you can rule out snakes and go and find out what type of lizzy it is ........the poor legless variety always get confused with being a snake ,,,and are dealt the same blow by the ignorant mushed peas for brains type humans ,anything that looks even like a snake gets the chop .....:( beautiful find .....

yup its a Common Scaly Foot, you can see the ear holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back