snake ID

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richoman_3

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
found these 2 snakes (my first ever snakes ive seen in the wild) in a dry forest in altona,victoria. they were under a peice of metal tin, both about 18cm.
at first i thought they were browns but then some people said they were Suta flagellum (little whip snake)... im going with the little whip snake.
what about you guys ?

SDC17422.jpg

SDC17421.jpg

SDC17420.jpg

SDC17419.jpg

SDC17418.jpg

SDC17417.jpg

SDC17415.jpg

SDC17413.jpg

SDC17408.jpg

cheers Nick

looks like ya may be right ..did you put the tin back how you found it now THATS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ...

They are little whip snakes :)

(They do tend to look very similar to young browns, so you need to be careful, but they are definitely little whips). A mate of mine had an anaphylactic reaction to one of these little guys with dire results! So always be careful around any elapid snake, no matter how harmless they are “said” to be.

looks like ya may be right ..did you put the tin back how you found it now THATS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ...

sure did :)

we found these guys in july.
we went back last week to see if we could find them again, the place they are in is like a maze, theres these dirt paths leading everywhere, we didnt end up finding the piece of tin :/

thanks for the confirmed ID guys

Yep def little whips, quite common up that way, don't get as many browns as those little ones.

A little bigger then those ones, they are a fairly average size.

Way to go, giving away a decent spot to everyone on the internet who cares to read........

Way to go, giving away a decent spot to everyone on the internet who cares to read........

Altona and it's surrounding grasslands are quite large. There aren't many spots I'm unaware of, and I could probably find richomans bit of tin ( it may well be one of my tins ) but that's only because I've lived in the area for 30 years. I don't think he's given away anything to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back