Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mysnakesau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Can you please tell me what this is? I was thinking Eastern Brown but he isn't cranky enough and the white flecks in it look tree snakish. So I am confused as to what this little guy really is.

007-1.jpg

006-4.jpg

003-1.jpg

lol dont let him bite you like a tree snake, thats for sure!

gorgeous!

It is definately an eastern brown. The banding has not fully disappeared. I am sure you would have seen one similar to it at Oakdale.

It is definately an eastern brown. The banding has not fully disappeared. I am sure you would have seen one similar to it at Oakdale.

Thank you for your input. Yeah Pete I do remember seeing several that look like this. My first thought when I saw him was an EB but he is rather slow. But he was at a local pre school in air conditioned room so perhaps I am lucky that he is too cold to be showing his true 'colours'.

Thanks again. Now I will send him on his way :D

He's gone now. I forgot him yesterday :oops: as I got busy getting my daughter ready for her school presentation night. poor snake spent the night in the bag but he was happy to be on his way this morning, and a lovely warm day for him, too.

I was too nervous to get any release photos :( I didn't want to focus my attention on the camera and forget my barriers with him. He sat so still when I tipped him out the bag, I could have got some awesome photos. I had my bandages in my pocket but still, I am still not confident enough to be messing around with these guys. Catch and release, thats it.

I still can't understand ppl's theories about brown snakes chasing you. When I tipped him out he did not move. I slowly backed away from him with my hoop bag down on the ground between him and I. He never even looked like showing any defensive behaviour. I backed up and walked away. So long Brownie :D

Certainly a healthy, well fed looking specimen moosenoose. His head was tiny compared to his body. Couldn't see any scars, or blemishes on him and his skin just shone like he might have shed recently.

My nervousness left me when I tipped him out. He was just like the ones we harassed at training. As soon as I started to move away I knew he wasn't going to retaliate. So bid him good day.

Beautiful brown snake! I think those stories of browns chasing people are just the result of someones scared imagination going a bit wild.

Another pearl of wisdom from snakeluvver... have you ever had experience with an angry Eastern Brown Snale snakeluvver? Your credibility would improve immensely if you stopped making comments that show your lack of experience.

Any of the Brown Snake family can be very difficult to handle once wound up, and it isn't at all unusual for them to chase the person who has emptied them out of a bag, especially if there is no easy escape visible, such as tipping them out onto open ground etc... It is only defensive behaviour, but to the uninitiated it can easily be read as aggression.

Sorry I didn't get back to you Kathy... been finishing the mag for January...

Jamie.

Thats ok Jamie. I was 90% sure it was a brown snake, but the other 10% was a little unsure since Tim left me a note to say he had a brown tree snake in the snake bag. This is my first ever brown snake encounter, since my training which was 3 years ago now so I just wanted to be sure. I've only ever been called out to red bellies or pythons. But I have pulled out of FAWNA because of my lack of confidence with these animals. It seemed I was the only one willing to do the call outs. I have been called a couple times but am refusing, but this fella was at a pre school, and Tim went and caught it anyway. I am thankful that he isn't keen on handling snakes. I'd hate to think of what could have come of him handling what he thought was a harmless tree snake.

Another pearl of wisdom from snakeluvver... have you ever had experience with an angry Eastern Brown Snale snakeluvver? Your credibility would improve immensely if you stopped making comments that show your lack of experience.

Any of the Brown Snake family can be very difficult to handle once wound up, and it isn't at all unusual for them to chase the person who has emptied them out of a bag, especially if there is no easy escape visible, such as tipping them out onto open ground etc... It is only defensive behaviour, but to the uninitiated it can easily be read as aggression.

Sorry I didn't get back to you Kathy... been finishing the mag for January...

Jamie.

The browns are one snake I can honestly say scare the suitcases outta me! They are fast, accurate and often big! This is one bit of footage that would have the addrenaline of just about anyone racing! I'd need a fair run to get used to dealing with a wild, hot n' angry one of these!! :lol:

My fav footage!: [video=youtube;01hxqbs1vl0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01hxqbs1vl0[/video]

i got a common last year it was about 34degrees and semi over cast it took about 20 minutes to bag the thing it was at a kids cricket wind up and wasnt happy to see me commons are most definately scary fast but so is westerns just as volitile luckly this year its only been 1 juvinile common a ringed and a hand full of various coloured and size mulgas

Good work Mysnakes what a beauty and good to hear from someone that knows their limitations and isn't afraid to voice them. I think your system re the note IDing the snake could have serious consequences though.
Snakeluvver a Brown may not chase you half way down the street but it will charge at you if cornered.
Moose thanks for the footage, bare feet and large snakes always make me shudder, LOL

Beautiful brown snake! I think those stories of browns chasing people are just the result of someones scared imagination going a bit wild.

Maybe not chasing but certainly making it clear to back off!

[video=youtube;Ez8MB331xkI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez8MB331xkI[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back