Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

_Jas_

Reaction score
Found this little guy at work tonight, suprized to see it so active as it was 8pm and 10 degree's out. Location was just outside Orange NSW, my guess is a copperhead but not sure. Anyways i found a nice place to let him go so he wouldn't get run over.Sorry about the bad pics but all i had was my mobile.

Attachments

• IMAGE_027.jpg
    IMAGE_027.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 183
  • IMAGE_028.jpg
    IMAGE_028.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 165
I don't think it is a copperhead. Though it may be - it's hard to tell with such a tiny critter.

Hmm.... the snake you photographed seems to have a darker head.... this isnt common with eastern browns.
Where was he when you found him? Up high, or down low?

No idea where Orange is, but almost looks like one of the parasuta

Orange is near Bathurst, had a look in my book and looks alot like a parasuta dwyeri

Jas Why didn't you look in your book to start with...

Looks like a crownie to me but it is hard to make out ........i am not sure wether you get crownies that far down ...........what ever it is i am glad you let the little bugger go in a safe spot.....RBB

it looks completly different to the eastern small-eyed snake i caught. the one i caught was completly black but than again different regions have the same type of snakes but different colourations

snakes o1 it is def not a juvie brown i can tell you that ..............i just read some crowns can have almost a non existant crown so it still could be ........hope someone with alot more snake ident knowledge can answer for you.......RBB:lol:

I just searched the whole reptile guide, it cant be a little whip snake,grey snake or small eyed..

the closest i found is a curl snake,it's size reminds me of a dwarf crowned.. any photos of underneath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back