Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Hi,
Just a quick question about this snake. I just found it on my driveway, i live on the outskirts of Toowoomba (southeast queensland) and have never seen a snake like it before. It has a very peculiar yellow and brown splotch on its head and its eyes are very hard to distinguish. It is probably only 30cm long, maybe a bit shorter. Does anyone have any idea what it is from my couple of less than successful photographs?

Thanks for the help!

Ozzy

Attachments

• Resized_Snake 1.jpg
    Resized_Snake 1.jpg
    571.3 KB · Views: 133
  • Snake 2.jpg
    Snake 2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 144
It's a beautiful animal though isnt it spilota_variegata?????????? I've always been a fan of .......are hell who am i kidding. I love them all. But always had a thing for the Golden Crowns and Red Naped Snakes and things like that. I even like the Curl Snakes.

Simone.

Great, thanks for the help guys. It is a nice looking snake, i just didn't know how close i could get to it :)

Ozzy.

I think it is a Southern Dwarf Crowned snake( Cacophis krefftii). It looks to be in good condition - they grow to about 345mm.Nice snake

Looks like a White Crowned Snake (Cacophis harriettae) to me, unless my monitor is playing up. ;)

It's a beautiful animal though isnt it spilota_variegata?????????? I've always been a fan of .......are hell who am i kidding. I love them all. But always had a thing for the Golden Crowns and Red Naped Snakes and things like that. I even like the Curl Snakes.

Simone.

Isn't spilota_variegata a carpet python?

Beautiful snake Ozzy!

everyone correct
take two points
spilota guesser miss a turn

I would say White Crown Snake.I looked at some pics in some books and it definetely one.
Mitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back