snake rescue!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OzRocks

Reaction score
As most Melbournians and Victorians would know last Sunday was quite a hot day, and of course the snakes were on the move....
I got a call from a friend of a friend in Panton Hill who had a snake caught in plastic mesh used for protecting vegies and fruit trees from birds. Apparently the father was going to kill it so I tried to get up there asap. When I got there it was a 4ft Eastern brown snake, really badly tangled in the mesh, some of it had gottin underneath its scales and was starting to pull them off.
After pinning it by the head we were able to cut away the ,mesh which took around 25 minutes it was that bad. But once off he looked healthy enough so I dropped him off in some bush down the road.....hopefully far enough away from houses or roads.

I was hopin from this that people would convince others to clean up their yards of any hazardous material, because I am really surprised this guy hadnt died of being over-heated by the time I got there (apparently stuck for a few hours)

Please post any stories or photos of your own experiences, (will post mine when I get them off my mate)

cheers, Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back