Snake respiratory infection cost

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm wondering if anyone has taken there snake to the vet for a respiratory infection. Cost, what you had to do and how quickly it worked thanks

I just recently (Three days ago) took one of my snakes to the Vet for an RI infection. It cost me $130 and I left with nine needles to inject him with over the next month (Every three days). The thought of having to inject a snake was pretty scary but he showed me how to do it and I am comfortable that I can do it. His first injection from me is due today. If you catch it early enough, increasing the heat in their enclosure can sometimes get rid of it without any need for the needles but I still recommend taking them to see a Vet if you think they are sick.

I had one about six months ago, I called the local vet 2 You, it cost me around the same. He gave me five injections for her over five days and showed me how to inject it under her scales. He also fixed my dogs ears.

I just recently (Three days ago) took one of my snakes to the Vet for an RI infection. It cost me $130 and I left with nine needles to inject him with over the next month (Every three days). The thought of having to inject a snake was pretty scary but he showed me how to do it and I am comfortable that I can do it. His first injection from me is due today. If you catch it early enough, increasing the heat in their enclosure can sometimes get rid of it without any need for the needles but I still recommend taking them to see a Vet if you think they are sick.
Thank you appreciate the info, where abouts are you located? Curious about what vet you went to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back