Snake Sitters? Is This A Thing?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MonsterMonk

Reaction score
Gday all,
I have just been given a work opportunity to work in the states for 5 months.
I am wondering if there is such thing as a snake sitter? I've done a google search, but everything reverts back to vets, cats and dogs.
I have a 5 year old male Bredli, he needs a good handler and someone with experience to look after him. He is relatively easy to look after, just tank defensive.
I don't really want to have to sell him or give him up as I have had him since a Hatchy.

Any ideas?

Cheers
MM

What would the laws with licensing? Would they need to be transferred to the carers name?

I've always wondered if "snake sitting" would be a viable idea

I'm in Guildford nsw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say the snake would need to either be cared for at the premises you're licensed in, or, if you trust another keeper enough, you would need to transfer the snake onto their license for the duration and then back to yours when you return.

Glad we don't have those regulations in states seems insane but I guess it would help regulate idoits releasing pythons in Florida everglades ending in mass mutilation of beautiful snakes

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I know a pet shop in Vic that offers the service but you really need to be careful and very trusting to enter into this sort of thing. (Bit like breeding loans laced with problems)
Both you and your surrogate need to enter into this very carefully as in 5 months time one or both of you might have very different thoughts of what was agreed too. Also consider potential health concerns to both your animal and your surrogates collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back