Snake size and container?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyuuka

Reaction score
Hi, Snake-lovers! I have a beautiful young diamond python, and he's currently in a Click-Clack container. I was just wondering, what approximate size do you think he should be before I move him into his big enclosure. I know it depends on when they 'outgrow' their enclosure but I was hoping that someone may have an estimate size or age they'd recommend?

Please and thank you!:)

around yearling, or when after you clean the container and then have a hard time putting him back in, either his head is swerving everywhere or the tail clinging to the edge and not going in.

Thank you so much! He's only about 60cm but he makes is somewhat of a struggle to put him back in the enclosure so maybe I should move him out...

What you can do is place the click-clack with the lid slightly open in the larger container. That way the snake can choose if it wants to inhabit the larger enclosure or stay in the click-clack for a bit longer.

Blue

Although most juveniles can happily live in a viv if there is enough cover, be careful
Many vivs have sliding glass doors and small snakes can slip between them

do you mean between the two glass doors? because i make sure that i properly shut the doors when i put him back in the enclosure. in my opinion he seems to big to be able to fit through the doors but i'll keep an eye out. is there anything you can put between the doors to stop them from being able to fit through?
thank you!

do you mean between the two glass doors? because i make sure that i properly shut the doors when i put him back in the enclosure. in my opinion he seems to big to be able to fit through the doors but i'll keep an eye out. is there anything you can put between the doors to stop them from being able to fit through?
thank you!

We have used foam stripping (self adhesive on one side) on the overlap to fill the gap and metal window edging on the ends. The metal was more to stabilise the doors as they are Perspex and can flex but it still helps to minimise the gap :)

ytadaqe9.jpg

Please excuse the kids finger prints all over the doors :)

We have used foam stripping (self adhesive on one side) on the overlap to fill the gap and metal window edging on the ends. The metal was more to stabilise the doors as they are Perspex and can flex but it still helps to minimise the gap :)

ytadaqe9.jpg

Please excuse the kids finger prints all over the doors :)

ETA:

Don't underestimate their ability to squeeze into tight spaces! Snakes are masters of escape and can get themselves into/out of some amazingly tight spaces. :)

In regards to blocking the gap in between the 2 pieces of glass. I was under the impression the gap aided as airflow and up out of the vent/vents. Would this impact the heat gradient.

It's easy to add / block off vents as required. Why not try it, check the temps & then rectify the situation if required?

post a pic of ur enclosure and a close up of possible exits for him. :) my jungle is 9 months old and already in his bigger enclosure and cant get out and desnt try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back