Snake smugglers feel the squeeze

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

herptrader

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Published: 8-13-2009
Source: Australian Customs and Border Protection Service Media Releases
Author:

Customs and Border Protection has seized two boa constrictors in Perth and two corn snakes in Cairns as part of a major wildlife smuggling investigation.

The investigation began on 18 July when the Western Australian Department of Environment and Conservation (DEC) contacted Customs and Border Protection following a tip-off from a member of the public.

On 30 July, Customs and Border Protection investigators, assisted by DEC wildlife officers and WA Police, executed a Customs search warrant on a residential address at Quinns Rocks, Perth.

Read More...

The chap with boa's in Perth, few weeks ago was openly discussing on my W.A forum about his up and coming acquisition and was warned by another member that it’s illegal. Absolute suicide considering the D.E.C often read posts on it. Now he is claiming that the person on my site who had a go at him before he got raided is a nark. Some people really deserve what they get.

I don't know about Boa Constrictors, those snakes look like Pacific Boas to me.

boa constrictors?????

they have their hand on it again. combined IQ of a wombat. when will they employ just one person who can identify common stuff? why do customs, dec, npws all let themselves be ridiculed? well the smugglers should beat that rap.

The chap with boa's in Perth, few weeks ago was openly discussing on my W.A forum about his up and coming acquisition and was warned by another member that it’s illegal. Absolute suicide considering the D.E.C often read posts on it. Now he is claiming that the person on my site who had a go at him before he got raided is a nark. Some people really deserve what they get.

i think the article makes it clear that some 'dog' put them in. i don't care, but i think they made it clear to the perps who put them in. so no need to make out that there was some great investigative work. you're right, some people really deserve what they get.

No, people should mind their own business..... lol at the "high and mighty" "narks".

And before you start i dont keep exotics and wouldnt, however i dont care if others do or not, its up to them, good luck to them! There's bigger problems out their than illegal animals, contrary to what alot of you think

Play with fire and sooner or later...., and if your dumb enough to openly speak about it on open forums, well...you deserve to get caught..
I like the hook next to the killer corn...

re Snake

Why would anyone want a smuggled boa or cornsnake when theres plenty that have been bred in australia for generations,all bells and whistles waste of public funds,look at me ive done something,like playschool.

It was huge Col, crack group of DEC officers trained especially for the job by the SAS, 6 months in the making....... for 3 snakes.....one step at a time, now only 20,000 more to go...but their getting there...

It was huge Col, crack group of DEC officers trained especially for the job by the SAS, 6 months in the making....... for 3 snakes.....one step at a time, now only 20,000 more to go...but their getting there...

whoops, i think another 5 people just bought corns in the last week, they're behind the eight ball again

As long as the general public sees them making huge inroads into the problem then all is good. The whole operation probably cost 100's of 1000's of dollars to get 4 snakes, good value for money I reckon.

sooner they make them legal the sooner the government can stop paying the departments top dollar to prance around all day and pretend they are doing there jobs

re Snake

It was huge Col, crack group of DEC officers trained especially for the job by the SAS, 6 months in the making....... for 3 snakes.....one step at a time, now only 20,000 more to go...but their getting there...[/QUOTE

LOL when you bommb the anemy in irack and afghanistan you make martyers and breed terrorists,DECC breeds hosers.

Actually the D.E.C probably do get a bit excited as there are seldom any exoctics busts over here.
Infact I would imagine that the illegal keeping of exoctics would be no where near as wide spread as other states. I certainly do not know of any keepers in this state who have them at least. In N.S.W it seems like every second reptile keeper I speak to has owned an exotic and one point of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back