Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
great shots..... Where did you find that silvery guttatus, Beautiful.

Thanks Barramundi, that guttatus was found west of Dalby.

I head out to Oakey most winters looking for spotted blacks and mulgas, have found plenty of spotteds but still no Mulgas. If your keen we should hook up and head out for a look soon.

Barramundi,

You won't find any Mulga's at Oakey...you're still well out of their range there. I sent you a PM a couple of weeks ago, did you receive it?

Great pics mate, especially of the elapids, some really good shots in there!

I head out to Oakey most winters looking for spotted blacks and mulgas, have found plenty of spotteds but still no Mulgas. If your keen we should hook up and head out for a look soon.

I found 4 mulgas in an hour about an hour south of Augathella

I'm always keen for a herp, I've never actually been to Oakey before.

Is there much variation in the spotted blacks that you have found there? Those three different variations that I posted up were all found along a stretch of road less than a kilometre long.

Mulgas east for me = Glenmorgan
Red bellies west = Warrumbungles, can be found in same area as spotted blacks.

Add western browns to the how far east list as well!

Mulgas east for me = Glenmorgan
Red bellies west = Warrumbungles, can be found in same area as spotted blacks.

Add western browns to the how far east list as well!

Ive found spotted blacks, a red belly and brown trees all at Glenmorgan...how much further west do Spotted blacks go? All the mulgas I've found have been well and truely west.

Jonno,
yeah got your pm, tried to reply but your inbox is full. I thought their might be mulgas there as they are in Dalby and Dalby isnt that far from Oakey and there isnt really any geographical barriers between.

Mattsnake
As for guttatus at Oakey, so far only Black ones with silvery spots on the back. Heaps of Egernia modesta and Delma tincta (I think). Got some good spots out there I am very protective of. But will hook up and take you out.

Thanks Barramundi, I will give you a ring and organise something. I'd also be keen to photograph both E. modesta and Delma tincta aswell.

Hey Slats
did you see any West Qld Womas at Augathella. Have seen a few road kill ones there but not a live one yet.

Jonno. whats your take on Mulgas at Oakey. I know you said there isnt any there, but how close have you heard of them from Oakey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back