Snakes are kinda like kids

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Classabear

Banned
Reaction score
Why?

1. They try to sneak out while your sleeping
2. They sleep during the day
3. They never refuse food
4. As soon as the lights go out, it's party time
5. They want to know what EVERYTHING is

Anyone got some more? Sorry for my silly, weird thoughts but thought I'd share anyway :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have tongues, they bite, they pee, they breathe air?

My kids are more like chimpanzees on speed. The snakes are far too quiet and still to even be compared. :D

"Snakes are kind of like kids" said no one ever who has kids and keeps snakes! ;)

I also love "I don't have any kids. But we have dogs that are like our kids".
Yeah that's the same ;)

My snakes are my kids.

Why?

Because I won't be having kids anytime soon.

I'd probably get in trouble if I put a kid in a box and fed it ever week or 3.

Snakes are nothing like children and good thing too - I wouldn't own any if they were.

I think snakes are exactly like kids in many ways;

1)They often pee on you when you least expect it

2)If you look at their food and think it looks great, they are bound to disagree

3)When they poo, the smell lets everybody know

4)You can spend all morning cleaning their room, but it will be messy the next morning

5)When they are small and try to bite, you laugh, when they are big and try to bite, its not so funny

6)On a perfectly fine sunny day, they both "need" the lights on

Wing_Nut

1. You can't leave them alone without supervision in the house EVER for at least 8+ years.
2. Constantly buy them new clothes, because they out grow the old ones overnight.
3. Breast or bottle feed newborns every three hours.
4. When they grow teeth the whole house knows about it, as it seems to cause discomfort.
5. We put nappies on them, and change them multiple times a day.
6. When taking them in the car, they must be restrained in an approved capsule or seat.
7. They eat ANYTHING. if they can pick it up, it goes into their mouth.
8. We get excited with their first crawl, walk, words, smiles, hugs etc
9. When taking them to the shops and they still cant talk, but see something they recognise and want, they have a massive melt down.
10. They make you realise how much spare time you had and wasted BEFORE they came along.

Yep pretty much the same :)

- - - Updated - - -

I think snakes are exactly like kids in many ways;

1)They often pee on you when you least expect it
Never happened to me yet
2)If you look at their food and think it looks great, they are bound to disagree
Have you seen pumped breast milk in a bottle? Or mashed baby food? Yuck no thanks!
3)When they poo, the smell lets everybody know
YEP
4)You can spend all morning cleaning their room, but it will be messy the next morning
Nope. Their room will be clean. The rest of the house looks like it was hit by a cyclone.
5)When they are small and try to bite, you laugh, when they are big and try to bite, its not so funny
Never been bitten by a child
6)On a perfectly fine sunny day, they both "need" the lights on
Nope, cant reach the light switches.
Wing_Nut

Maybe one out of 6 :)

1. You can't leave them alone without supervision in the house EVER for at least 8+ years.
You can't leave snakes alone in the house either, unless you lock them up, in which case......

2. Constantly buy them new clothes, because they out grow the old ones overnight.
Maybe we should coat them in oil, that will stop them wont they?

3. Breast or bottle feed newborns every three hours.
The worst part is when the novelty wears off, we can't put kids on gumtree

4. When they grow teeth the whole house knows about it, as it seems to cause discomfort.
5. We put nappies on them, and change them multiple times a day.
Especially in their nappies, teeth and nappies, who would have thought they were connected!

6. When taking them in the car, they must be restrained in an approved capsule or seat.
That is wise, but of course, we don't listen to the wise when it comes to our snakes!

7. They eat ANYTHING. if they can pick it up, it goes into their mouth.
Except their food, they throw that or try and give it to the snake, and that pretty glass is not so pretty!

8. We get excited with their first crawl, walk, words, smiles, hugs etc
And then grumpy when they won't shut up! We all say we don't, but eventually they'll break us!

9. When taking them to the shops and they still cant talk, but see something they recognise and want, they have a massive melt down.
This is about the only thing I don't agree with!

10. They make you realise how much spare time you had and wasted BEFORE they came along.
And just how little money you thought you had!

- - - Updated - - -

Your right, snakes are nothing like kids!

"Snakes are kind of like kids" said no one ever who has kids and keeps snakes! ;)

I also love "I don't have any kids. But we have dogs that are like our kids".
Yeah that's the same ;)

I don't have kids myself, but work in childcare.. and that's about enough for me... I used to want kids, until my job was having to manage up to 24 of them per day... Not anymore.

I don't have kids myself, but work in childcare.. and that's about enough for me... I used to want kids, until my job was having to manage up to 24 of them per day... Not anymore.
I don't like kids. And I didn't really think I wanted any. But I have to say it's the most rewarding thing :) Cant explain the feeling, but your own are definitely different to all the other people's little grots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back