Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if killing out of hate and fear is ok, I have a thing against barking dogs and damned cats that live on the street but doesn't give me the right to kill them and there NOT protected species.... I think deduction needs to start in primary school .... I'm getting the ok from deccw to take mine in for show and tell to kindy for my daughter

I agree Damo, It's such a shame and really uncalled for.

So if killing out of hate and fear is ok, I have a thing against barking dogs and damned cats that live on the street but doesn't give me the right to kill them and there NOT protected species

I work in IT and I wish I could follow the same guidelines but apparently stupidity is not a crime....

Beauitiful Boiga, its a puty it was killed and although I cant tell clearly from the photos, there seems to be a fair amount of ground it could have been "shooed" to that would have avoided the need for her and the snake to lose their heads.

I obviously did not make my earlier point strongly enough. Those who would stand in judgment of the individual concerned – you have no knowledge what-so-ever of the circumstances and therefore have no basis on which demean the individual concerned. You have no idea of the physical surrounds (although one person seems to think they do), where in relation to house and garden the animal was dispatched or even if the photos were taken in the same dwelling. You don’t know if there are young children in the house pets that are allowed the freedom of a yard etc.

To whoever mentioned Facebook – the pictures were posted to get an ID and just as well the member who was shown a copy posted them here to vindicate his ID. He has done well as I am sure he will feed that information (plus more) back.

As for the legality, read of this… http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/...ion-42/killing-vens-legal-legal-debate-68048/ .

I can only wonder what those of you so quick to criticise would do if you found a live funnel web spider sitting on your back step. Would you simply close the door and leave be it?

Blue

This is why i got my freinds into reptiles. The other night one of them called me to catch a near 2meter coastle carpet. it was on the road near his house and a woman drove past and told him about the snake and said she would go back to run over it. WOW.He told her too leave it alone and call me. I went down to collect it and relocated it to the scrub. It was a really healthy well fed snake would of been a real shame if my friend hadnt of grown a great appreciation for these beatiful animals.

Last edited:
Gorgeous bts, can we hit her over the head with a shovel ;)

Nice to have the murder weapon in the shot :rolleyes: I am suprised there wasnt a white line drawn around its body :facepalm:

I suppose.... it could have been an inland taipan :rolleyes:

Very sad

- - - Updated - - -

The Brown one is Boiga irregularis

The Yellow one is Nylex Bunninglingus

I disagree Jimmy..... you must be a novice......

The yellow one is definately hardypopeus homehardwareus.... you can tell by the colour and lack of paterning..... duh:rolleyes::lol:

I hope you dont get hosed off with me .....bbwwwwaahahahahaheheheheh

Nice to have the murder weapon in the shot :rolleyes: I am suprised there wasnt a white line drawn around its body :facepalm:

I suppose.... it could have been an inland taipan :rolleyes:

Very sad

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree Jimmy..... you must be a novice......

The yellow one is definately hardypopeus homehardwareus.... you can tell by the colour and lack of paterning..... duh:rolleyes::lol:

I hope you dont get hosed off with me .....bbwwwwaahahahahaheheheheh

Hey ratbag is back being a ratbag.........;)

- - - Updated - - -

I think the photo's would of been better if the yellow snake in pic 3 was chopped instead !!

Looks very thin but would pack a bite ...;)

The yellow thing is an extension lead not a hose.

The yellow thing is an extension lead not a hose.
Wow I was starting to think i was wrong and it was a hose for a while but i think it was used to carry the power for the light in the pics !!!:)

Surely people don't think learning to identify snakes at school should be priority. Getting kids to read at the appropriate reading age is a big enough issue.

Surely people don't think learning to identify snakes at school should be priority. Getting kids to read at the appropriate reading age is a big enough issue.
They teach kids about safely crossing roads and not speaking to strangers, Snakes are a fact of life in Australia and therefore should be taught.

Taught to avoid snakes and how to apply first aid yes, identify... Give me a break!

why the hell didnt they ring a snake catcher for christ sake they killed it what a hero

Nice to have the murder weapon in the shot :rolleyes: I am suprised there wasnt a white line drawn around its body :facepalm:I suppose.... it could have been an inland taipan :rolleyes:Very sad- - - Updated - - -I disagree Jimmy..... you must be a novice......The yellow one is definately hardypopeus homehardwareus.... you can tell by the colour and lack of paterning..... duh:rolleyes::lol:I hope you dont get hosed off with me .....bbwwwwaahahahahaheheheheh
Good to see your back rat bag , let the fun andngames begin gotta love your antics

i once had a red belly on my lawn, i have 5 dogs, birds and a 14 month old baby. it still gives me no right to kill it even though i was 100% sure it was a ven. insted my partner caught it and we released it the next day. but if i were home alone i would of called a snake catcher.

i beleive if you don't know what it is leave it alone and call a snake catcher.

i once had a red belly on my lawn, i have 5 dogs, birds and a 14 month old baby. it still gives me no right to kill it even though i was 100% sure it was a ven. insted my partner caught it and we released it the next day. but if i were home alone i would of called a snake catcher.

i beleive if you don't know what it is leave it alone and call a snake catcher.
You and others are basing your comments on the presumption that this person knows there are people who catch snakes and relocate them. You might be surprised at the number of people who normally have nothing to do with reptiles that do not know that. I lived in WA for several years before I discovered they had snake relocation services here and that was only because a herp society was started up and I joined it. Please don't assume.

Blue

i assume all people know WIRES, animal shelters, RSPCA and many more, if they called them and asked what to do with a snake on your property, they would say leave it alone and tell them to look up their locale snake catcher.

Sorry to destroy a few of your arguments Blue, I admire your innocent until proven guilty outlook on people, but; this person is definitely the sort to show malice toward a snake, no matter size, colour or ethnicity. Also, given their reasonable accrument of collective years, they would be quite aware of available wildlife removal services. And in most circumstances, yes, I would pass this information on to her, but as soon as my initial comments were dismissed I knew that anything further I said would be ignored out of hand. I more intended to confirm for myself what the animal was. And as for the circumstances, the person in question was employing the use of "snake repellers", devices intended to keep any slitheries away. And as to the level of danger, a quote directly from her comment "It did not appear to be aggressive even tho Paul dragged it back a couple of times by the tail". Apart from demonstrating an inherent lack of care for grammar, it quite clearly shows that they weren't at all at risk. This was a cold blooded killing. Education I believe is incredibly important, but when any information given will fall on deaf ears, there's no point in trying. And as for education in schools, identification of a few commonly foun and dangerous elapids would not go to waste in my opinion.

some honesty at last, thanks. i thought from the pics that it did look like trophy pics, not pics to identify a snake, as you don't need the shovel (murder weapon) in a pic to identify a snake. also the amount of pics. so pissed off that another harmless snake who did not show agression was killed in cold blood. this chick needs a wake up call.

Sounds like a definite pair of "snake haters". No point in telling that sort of person it is a gainst the law. You can only try to explain the foolishness of what they did in terms of putting themselves in danger. Had it been a 5 ft Eastern or Taipan, then pulling it back by the tail would likely have elicited a full-on defensive strike. Who knows, they might get "lucky" yet?

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back