snappy hatchy with no luck in taming

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you cant expect a snake to be pleasant with a name like Hannibal!! :p

hahaha....thats true! thats how he got his name in the first place. Maybe I should call him sunshine daisy's or something more mellow. lol

thats for the coathanger Idea, Ill have a go making one tonight. and will definately keep you all posted. Thanks so much for the info everyone! Would be lost without it.

I had this problem with my spotty python she was very snappy , now she is calming down and not biting much at all and somtimes no bites at all .
How i done it was to put my hand in the tank and leave it in there for a few minutes the snake come over ans suss out my hand and i slowly slid it under the snake and gently lifted her out ,and i sat there quietly with her on my hand so she can roam around my hand and get used to me , it taken a while and now im seeing the results ,she is not nervous now when i pick her up she just grabs onto my hand with little or no snapping at all .

so bear with it and you will win your snake over at the end .:D:D

I personally would leave him alone till he gets older.
They tend to realise in time that nothing is going to hurt them. It just takes time.
I only handle them to clean out their click clack.
I know it is hard...when people get a new animal they don't want to leave it alone.
If you want a pet you can handle from day one, get a cat or a dog.
Snakes like to be left alone.

Ppl have to remember, reptiles ,snakes only tolerate being handled,they dont like it.Ive got a yearling Port Mac that was a very snappy snake,[ his name is snappy ] ive basically left him alone except to clean and change the water,3-4months later he is as placid as they come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back