Snap's got a new dress

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grahamh

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to see Snap (my little sparkling gem) shed last night. I watched the whole thing from the little lift of skin on the nose to the end. I just watched in amazement as the whole thing just slipped of like a silk stocking - absolutely smooth, scale by scale with a sort of magical sparkle from each scale as it flipped over and off. The eye lenses like a pair of little spectacles. Stunning to watch, it took about half an hour in an unhurried wander around her enclosure. Watching how she contorted her head to try to get the skin over her head - she looked like she'd gone nuts. Once it started to slip off though it was lovely to watch.

I love snakes.

The skin measured 88cm and I guess I'll keep it safe somewhere to remind me of my first snakes first shed. :shock:

Chocolate shed last night too, but I wasn't lucky enough to be watching at the time :(
Sounds amazing!! I love your description of it all :D
Choc's shed was 90cm, so she's around the same size as Snap - what a coincidence! :)

I did mean to mention that last night in my 'Snake Room' used be a spare bedroom - the humidity was 77% which was a bit higher than normal - I wondered if Snap was influenced by that.

What kind is Chocolate?

:)

Cool stuff, Graham. After 12 months I STILL haven't seen it happen! sigh! :cry:

Chocolate is a half caste: Jungle x Coastal carpet. :D
There's a pic in my album.

The shed is very cool, you can see the outline of her pattern on it. She's nice and shiny now!

Very nice description of an always fascinating event, well put Graham. I will never tire of watching any of my babies shed or eat.

Pinkie said:
Chocolate is a half caste: Jungle x Coastal carpet. :D
There's a pic in my album.

The shed is very cool, you can see the outline of her pattern on it. She's nice and shiny now!

Hiya Pinkie,

How is Chocolate going? Silvanus is growing steadily and nicely. He had a shed about 2 weeks ago, and his colours are becoming absolutely beautiful!!! He is starting to get a lot of "white" colouring along his sides, and more and more yellow coming out in him every shed. I will upload another picture of him next week to my galleries.

Daniel

Hi Daniel - Chocolate is getting more beautiful with every shed, her pattern is becoming a lot more defined, and her caramel colouring is becoming more yellow, especially on her head and neck.
I am so impressed with her! :D

I will also scan some more recent pix of her into my album soon enough :)

Trevor -my yearling diamond shed on the 12th! :D Didn't see it..but that's cool, the novelty kinda wears out I guess.Still amazing, but I can't sit there for the whole thing anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back