So is it true?

Discussion in 'Australian Snakes' started by Amazing Amazon, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thomasssss

thomasssss Very Well-Known Member

dont get me wrong guys , i would love it if it happened and was controlled properly, stores like you guys and a few others a great , but i just dont want to see your average petshop with staff that have no clue selling reptiles , i had a slight .. lets say disagreement with one of my local petshops after the staff tried to tell me exotics like corns were legal then refused to acknowledge anything i said on the matter , it all started over me simply asking why they didnt have any books on native , the only reptiles we can legally keep and this was a large chain store , it just shows that the general public dont have a clue

2. Amazing Amazon

Amazing Amazon <span style="font-weight:bold;color:#B200FF;">Amaz

WOW! Pretty lame excuse for delaying it till next year! Bureaucrats at their best once again.

3. -Peter

-Peter Guest

The sellers will be required to hold a Fauna licence such as that held by shops that sell restricted birds. There are only a small number of these and those will most likely be the majority who will sell reptiles. Dont expect many pet shops to stock herps.

4. Amazing Amazon

Amazing Amazon <span style="font-weight:bold;color:#B200FF;">Amaz

How hard is it to get a Fauna License?

5. bondy821

bondy821 New Member

I don't think pet shops will quarantine as to do it properly and allow for some diseases incubation and symptoms to show they would need to hold them for 12 months and that won't happen

6. thomasssss

thomasssss Very Well-Known Member

yes , but your putting them all in the same basket , whats to say there might not be a few people out there who have been in the hobby for years , have a large clean collection and want to start out a small reptile outlet like some already available there the people this could benefit and it could benefit the hobby as a whole but only if its done right and thats the part id worry about

7. Gonemad

Gonemad Well-Known Member

That's what I would rather see some one with experience and knowledge better still breeder to open a shop to educate and sell reptiles and accessories, More so then the little pokie shops that you smell half way up the street before you open the door.

8. Umbral

Umbral Very Well-Known Member

Imagine if snake ranch opened a shop :) You could go in, look around and get great advice if you needed it.

9. Monitors_R_Us

Monitors_R_Us Suspended Banned

Best thing to happen to NSW in a long time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.