So, Whats your Claim to Fame?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
meet and shook hands with vin diesel 2 years ago in california
saw arnold schwarzennegger at the erazer filming many years back at universal studios
julian mcmahon from nip tuck fantastic 4 etc is a family friend

My great great grandfather built the Alma Doepel (its a famous ship).
Went to school with Greg Inglis, Ashton Simms, the Morris twins (all nrl football players) and Phillip Hughes (the cricket player).
Lived across the road from Mel Gibson's sister when I was a kid and played cricket in the street with his nephew.
Once had a "good time" with Jimmy Barnes' neice lol

Ok better come clean

Have played support for The Angels, Rose Tattoo, The Hard Ons, Meanies (Link is a mate), Dasiycutters, Black Stars(mates of mine), The Gurge, toured with Magic Dirt (won a support band comp), supported Shihad, The Veronicas, played with Celibate Rifles, Tumbleweed, Rollerball, SFK, Silverchair, Operator Please (friends with Amandah), also Lime Spiders (our current guitarist used to play in Lime Spiders), have Mike Patton's number in my mobes and Bar McKinnon's in my phone (been mates for a while since opening for Mr Bungle in late 90's) and have interviewed Chopper Reid for my radio show- have met waaaaay too many muso's to list and I am awesome and extremely uncomfortable being asked to sign something or when people say "hey thats the guy from ..".blah blah..

I can confirm all of this - I was there too!

I have been a personal chef for actors Deb Furness & Hugh Jackman, Eric Bana & his wife Rebecca Gleeson, Sale of the century host Alyce Platt & her boyf at the time back in the early 90's, recently been chefing for Gabby Milgate who's own claim to fame for her line "your terrible Murial' as Joan, Murials sister in Murials Wedding. We, since a couple of years ago used to smoke 'jazz cigarettes' together then cook and I helped her to lose 30kg ...:) and here in Bris have cooked for Anna Bligh on and off.

My ex used to work as a grip on that old tv show "Fire" so I have a few from that. I once made an origami unicorn which Kym Gyngell used as a prop when he was doing a cameo, and told my ex I was brilliant.
I told Dieter Brummer at a staff party that he was worse than my butcher because while both had skills that I did not, at least my butcher could cut meat while his acting skills left a lot to be desired.
Last but not least I used to go drinking with Rena Owen (jake the mus's wife from once were warriors) and pmsl every time she would bale some poor girl up in the bathroom to warn her off the guy she was interested in.

Oh I forgot the best one. We used to live around the corner from Wally Lewis, so would see him all the time, but best bit is we had an awesome dalmation dog that had the build of a bully and would roam the neighbourhood when ever he could get out and reek havok. Wally asked my dad about 4 times to sell him to him. Dad never did, was seriously the best dog in the world.

Not much for me yet...But Steve Waugh's Children go to my school and Matt Corby also used to go to my school.. My friends dad is Mike(I think thats his 1st name, lol) Dalton, hes a channel 9 news man, or watevs. Daniel Morgan aka Mad Dog Morgan, was apparently one of my old relatives. He was a bushranger and there is a few movies on him.. Oh..Also my great grandfather helped build the Harbor Bridge!

I met Ray Martin while he was in town signing copies of his book. The shopping mall where I work security for had me keeping an eye on the crowd to make sure no one got rowdy and started tearing Rays cloths off. He was a very nice guy.

I met Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki ( The two boys from Supernatural)
Most amazing day of my life.

ohh and i know a guy thats in the same jail as ivin milat or however u spell it, does that count or just scare people?

Will

i was on tv when i was little for an operation i had, i saw peter costello at a coffee shop once, i was on tv with sally mc lellan getting her autograph ;) mm and that's about it

Oh and I served Tony Forde from Blood Duster when I was a checkout chick at Woolies.

Ok better come clean

Have played support for The Angels, Rose Tattoo, The Hard Ons, Meanies (Link is a mate), Dasiycutters, Black Stars(mates of mine), The Gurge, toured with Magic Dirt (won a support band comp), supported Shihad, The Veronicas, played with Celibate Rifles, Tumbleweed, Rollerball, SFK, Silverchair, Operator Please (friends with Amandah), also Lime Spiders (our current guitarist used to play in Lime Spiders), have Mike Patton's number in my mobes and Bar McKinnon's in my phone (been mates for a while since opening for Mr Bungle in late 90's) and have interviewed Chopper Reid for my radio show- have met waaaaay too many muso's to list and I am awesome and extremely uncomfortable being asked to sign something or when people say "hey thats the guy from ..".blah blah..

back in the eighties i use to be in a band called the valentines and we opened a gig at the annandale hotel where the hard ons were one of the main acts, if i remember ratcat and the hummingbirds were also a couple of the many bands on that nite. ray from the hard ons plays drums for another band now with a real good mate of mine,instead of the usual bass, doing pop songs rather that the usual hard ons hardcore. they played recently for my best mates at a local pub for a local studio my best mate manages. best mate also plays in a band called the alohas and they played only last week with celibate rifles at some gig in newtown.
who's your current guitarist? not Richard Jakimszyn is it? we use to be huge Lime Spiders groupies, i mean huuuge, would travel to any pub in sydney to watch them, them and the trilobites..huuugggee..

That is a very impressive line-up Weezer!! I too was a massive Lime Spiders fan bongie! :p "My favourite room" was always one that brings back memories!

[video=youtube;-0I99QMbwkY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0I99QMbwkY[/video]

The only band my guys ever supported had an ex-guitarist of John English playing with them :lol: :lol: ...I didn't even get his name! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back