So, Whats your Claim to Fame?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Relatives/ancestors................... Gerri Halliwell from Spice Girls............. Second Cousin
Ancestor........................................ 'Bloody' Judge Jeffries, the hanging judge from the 1700's......hunted Charles 2nd and hung many dozens of people accused of harbouring the fleeing, hiding king! He was an anti royalist!!!! (runs in the family, I guess!!)

Met - Danny La Rue, Cliff Richard, he was no more than a teenager when I met him sitting in the front parlour of an aunties houes and I was very young. Met Pat Phoenix, (Elsie Tanner) from Coronation Street, got her autograph. Met AND shook hands with my hero........ Gough Whitlam............... he was being introduced to a group of people near us, he looked around, excused himself, and strode over to hubby and I...... shook both our hands and spoke for a few minutes before catching up his hosts again! Fantastic Human!!!!!!!

Distant ancestors on mothers side were Druids in Anglesey in NW Wales, in the UK.

Met, and had dinner with Don Dunstan, former SA Premier. Peter Duncan and Neal Blewett and wife, all at different times. Friends with a number of MP's.

Met and was visited many times (good friends with) by Hedley Cullen, Deadly Earnest on Channel 10 over here many years ago (since passed on)

The rest of my ancestors were probably street sweepers!! LOL (sorry to any ancestors who read this!! LOL)

I was involved in the country music scene years ago and played with Troy Cassar-Daley, John Williamson (who is an arrogant ****er), Tania Kernaghan, Felicity, Adam Brand, Slim Dusty, etc etc ..... Also sung with Garth Brooks and years before this I was mates with Angus Young, even have some original B&W photos of Bon Scott when they were practicing in a garage!

Spent the late 80's as a bouncer in Sydney and met quite a few celebs. A couple of meets came to a 'not so friendly' ending.... one with the knock out of Dolph Lundgren (who isn't as good as he thinks) and another with Dennis Alexio, who was a yankee fighter and was in the movie 'Kickboxer'.. he also suffered the same fate. Can't remember all the celebs I met, but the guys from INXS were one lot...

Also played a small role in a movie, as a voice in "Finding Nemo".

I was on Romper Room

hands down winner of this thread:lol::lol:..... i use to be in love with miss helena and you've met the real mr doo bee and i use to always look forward on having my name called out when she looked thru the magic mirror but she never did call my name,probably cos i have an unusual first name..:(

Oh yeah, for all those folks on the mid north coast: in around 1986 or 87, i was on the opening montage of the NRTV news for a few months, bawling my eyes out cos my mum had been arrested at a protest rally in coffs harbour, and i was left on my own in the street -all of 5 or 6 years old.... good ol' boys in blue huh? really caring fellas.

My primary school principal was John Eales' father so i met John Eales a few times over my primary years. Have had dinner with Max Walker and met him numerous other times as my parents do work with him. im sure there's a few more but i cant remember any at this time

I am the only Australian in the world that does the job I do. I'm one in 20 odd million ;) Come to think of it, there's only one other person in the world that does the same job as me - that makes me 2 in nearly 6 billion. :shock:

I am the only Australian in the world that does the job I do. I'm one in 20 odd million ;) Come to think of it, there's only one other person in the world that does the same job as me - that makes me 2 in nearly 6 billion. :shock:

???????? Not sure if it's because I am up so late or what, but I'm confused.

All bullshit aside, My girlfriends uncle is Jessica Biels dads best mate. they went through college together. My girlfriends parents are over visiting them currently. Spin out huh.

And if you added the last 5 posts you could have Jesus paintballing Don Burke at Australia Zoo from his Monaro.
Don Burke= Don Bradman. :p

I also just remembered, I (unfortunately) met Fred Nile once. Man, is he ever a close talker.

My family is related to Australia's first Prime Minister, Edmund Barton.

Years ago, I used to work for a company who were the Broncos Financial Controllers, so I got to see a lot of the guys coming in. Also, had clients such as Ugly Dave Grey, Kepler Wessells (Cricketer) and Hecter Hapeta (Fitzgerald Enquiry).

We sold our family home to the President of the Wynnum Manly Football Club and he bought Gene Miles along one day to see the house. Ernie Dingo was a client for another Financial Planners I worked for and I once saw Peter Garrett when I was filling up with petrol down the Gold Coast.

My ex BIL is now married to the sister of Sophie Formica and my best friend's husband was friends with Russell Crowe back in NZ.

Oh...and I used to play softball as a kid with Raelee Hill (Water Rats) and our dad's worked together as well.

Last edited:
Oh and my Hubby reminded me ..we are in the summer nats video number 7 .....many years ago ....but am not gonna tell you which one is me ;)........

ummm claim to fame.... oo think michael think..... umm my mum was in the movie Gallipoli, My auntie bred the border collies used for the movie "babe", i have a hand written letter from steve and terri irwin, and i own a volvo GT lol

Through my mother, I've met several celebrities (many years ago). To name a few:

Ray Charles
Donald Pleanence OBE
Fighting Hirada
Johnny Young
Stevie Wonder
Neil Armstrong (who gave my a titanium pocket knife that was made from the reentry vehicle used to return from the moon)
Liza Minnelli

This will raise the BS flag - Liza Minnelli asked my mother if I'd be interested going out on a date with her. I declined the offer because she was older than I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back