SOFAR Reptile and Amphibian Expo In Newcastle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a terrific day today , caught up with some great people within the hobby , very busy day ,, wife is happy didn't buy anything but sold quite a few big thank you to all the SOFAR crew and volunteers for making such a great day .,, will be back next year

Had a great day also....

Loved the content....Last year felt like it was all Jags (maybe it was just me). This year I saw some exceptional breed-true animals that I would have died to have in my collection. If it were for sale, there was an adult pilliga locale MD that might have found a new home had I been able to decoy the wife for long enough, and convince the owner to sell it to me!! (unlikely) .....and an exceptional hypo Bredli that also had me drooling....again not for sale but great to see.

Just getting the chance to look around a large 'collection' of animals is worth it for me....Maybe my expectations are not as high as some. I came away with more than what I was allowed to bring home.....So overall I didn't score to badly.

The representation from NPWS left a lot to be desired.....I won't be negative - Only suggest that those manning such stands should really have a basic understanding of the Rules and Regs for Keepers. It is not a good look when they are asking you to explain how the new COPS work "....in case somebody asks me about them". If you are manning a NPWS stand....You are very likely needing to be familiar with this stuff already.

SOFAR have done a great job pulling this together given there was talk in the early days that it may not have gone ahead. Well Done!

Had a good day, didn't buy anything like I promised my wife, so I`m still in the big bed tonight! :D Only negative for me was the difficulty in seeing the animals on display, but I understand that it also means the day was a success for all involved. I got dragged away from the SOFAR display by a friend asking for advise on a purchase then couldn`t be bothered re-joining the slow moving line to have a look at the rest, but maybe that says more about me than the day itself :D. Caught up with a few people to say hi, so it was all good.

Wish I could of been there :(
had quite a few critters to sell
oh well , next year. :)

What a great Expo. I wasn't going to spend. Oops I failed. Got some pics ill post later.

bought a critturecam tshirt(peter birch) and a camo snake hook(cause it's camo :p) didn't get to really have a good look around( big crowd) so missed a hell of a lot..... saw some friends i haven't seen in a while....wasn't allowed to buy anything,(from the missus)... so i stayed in the good books.
Didn't think i saw you there Aleks,hope everything went well mate?

Had a good day besides everyone pushing in from of my nephew some nice snakes

I would love the opportunity to purchase limited early bird tickets and get in before the rush or see a licensed time slot to limit the people in there (worked well with a gun show I went too)

The crowds were unmanageable with a lot of people cutting in at random spots or people standing in the way. I would love to know the ratio of hobbiest newbies and viewers.

I understand that the expos are great for the hobby and expose the public to snakes and hopefully help dispel myths and fear about pur excellent pets.

But I ended up leaving twenty minutes in due to the crowds and only managed to get near to see the birch collection and ranch store.

I think even wokka could agree I was in his line at one point and seen how frustrating that would have been.

I ended up coming home with the pocket money to buy two Darwin's or a gtp. Seems like the breeders are the one who lost out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I would love the opportunity to purchase limited early bird tickets and get in before the rush or see a licensed time slot to limit the people in there (worked well with a gun show I went too)

The crowds were unmanageable with a lot of people cutting in at random spots or people standing in the way. I would love to know the ratio of hobbiest newbies and viewers.

I understand that the expos are great for the hobby and expose the public to snakes and hopefully help dispel myths and fear about pur excellent pets.

But I ended up leaving twenty minutes in due to the crowds and only managed to get near to see the birch collection and ranch store.

I think even wokka could agree I was in his line at one point and seen how frustrating that would have been.

I ended up coming home with the pocket money to buy two Darwin's or a gtp. Seems like the breeders are the one who lost out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I volunteered so checked it all out early and there were limited albinos and no GTPs so I hope that helps =)

Anyone know what make those enclosures were at the big table area just after the demo square? I couldn't get close enough... They were grey in colour, seemed to be quite a few that went right the way round.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

bought a critturecam tshirt(peter birch) and a camo snake hook(cause it's camo :p) didn't get to really have a good look around( big crowd) so missed a hell of a lot..... saw some friends i haven't seen in a while....wasn't allowed to buy anything,(from the missus)... so i stayed in the good books.
Didn't think i saw you there Aleks,hope everything went well mate?

Yep All went well :)
All the critters i was holding back for sale at expo are no for sale.
Refer to "For Sale Section " .
Hows the hets going ??

that's great to hear bloke......they are powering along lol should be be good for a try nxt year?? i'll need to start on incubaters and hatchy tubs over the nxt 8-12mths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back