Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wokka

A mate just rung me and asked what I know about Solar Snake Repellents. I thought he was pulling my leg but they are out there. What do you know about them. Are they just rebadged Solar Rodent Repellers now that the public realise they dont work?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got given a pamphlet about them last week. I'll try and find it. On the back they say there is no guarantee that they will work!! And to "snake proof" your house with this fabulous product that may not work uses about 20 units and costs about $2500-00.

hhhhmmmmm....sounds like the same mob that attacked the veterinary profession a few weeks back

they called themselves Sentinel Snake Repellent - the distributor is Gympie based

My local vets asked me what I thought of the "crap" and told them to bin it and they did - now they are more informed and will not pass on this garbage to poor dog owners that think they are protecting their dogs in the backyard. The above scammers even advertise in prominent Dog magazines.

I feel like joining a dog forum just to alert innocent dog owners..(maybe)...

Cheers
Sandee

I heard they tested it in Antarctica for five years and never found a reptile within a kilometre of it. :rolleyes::lol:

JasonL;1529507 Top product said:
haha, yep, on the front it does, on the back it says something along the lines of "we are selling a a pretty dodgy piece of crap and we can't guarantee it will work, but for about $130 for one pointless peice of sheet or $2500 for a bunch of them you could have less big 'ol nasty snakeys trying to kill ya"....or something like that.

Just checked their website = stupid scamming b...........ds have even got a phone no.

Just checked their website = stupid scamming b...........ds have even got a phone no.
It would be interesting to give them a call and find out on what basis they think it would actually work.

Most true snake experts will agree that snakes will flee if given the opportunity to do so, by placing these units around your home any snakes that enter the area will feel under threat and retreat [ END QUOTE]

You guys are just a bunch of amateur hacks... obviously not true snake experts...

Sentinel Electronic Snake Repellent from Oakent

Top product, I'm sure it works....it says so on the pack!
pfffffffffft its amazing it works so well and he is based in Gympie ...then why am I getting callouts on a regular basis ...?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:...I rang him up ,he is also claiming it deters termites(still doing testing) ,cant say it works well for tree dwelling snakes ,asked him if brown snakes can actually get up into trees or high places he claims no ,they are a ground dweller...obviously he knows ....:rolleyes:...to bad he hasnt seen EB's in situations like rooftops and on a kitchen window ledge off the ground!!!...he also told me (as I played the sacred little woman at home and totally frightened of snakes ..) that I could place GLUE TRAPS to get snakes(as snakes like moisture,so under my washing machine and fridge etc ..and to remove the snakes use cooking oil..or if I am to scared to just dispose of them ....now this fool is telling people to do this ...:evil:..I never let on who I was ...but after listening to his hogwash rubbish I was near boiling with anger when I hung up ..

Your just worried RBB, you'll be spending all your time sitting at home watching TV when this great product takes off and scares all the snakes out of suburbia and back into the bush....

;)
Your just worried RBB, you'll be spending all your time sitting at home watching TV when this great product takes off and scares all the snakes out of suburbia and back into the bush....
BAAAAAAAH AAAAAAAAA according to him its been around for years ...obviously I am getting the snakes that dont know about this so called invention...he reckons it acts on vibrations in the ground ,snakes dont like the vibrations so move on and learn (theres that word again) not to go there ,perfect to use when the old mother in law comes over you can section off a part of your lawn and keep your snakes safe from her ....the glue traps is very disturbing and I wonder how many he has told to do this ....:evil:

The local distributor says hes sold a couple of hundred so far and only one was faulty. I presume by that he means that only one customer has seen a snake since they purchased a unit.

Just as a side note, during our venomous snake handling course over the weekend, a licensed pest controller informed me that very recently glue traps were banned by the RSPCA and are now illegal for use in Australia.

The solar repellent has been on the market for years now, sold mainly through dog magazines, I have been out to about three different houses with the piece of equipment, removed some lovely copperheads!

The solar repellent has been on the market for years now, sold mainly through dog magazines, I have been out to about three different houses with the piece of equipment, removed some lovely copperheads!

haaa, the owners did not have them placed at an even 15 meters apart, though personally, I put them 14 just to create an overlap :lol:

Just as a side note, during our venomous snake handling course over the weekend, a licensed pest controller informed me that very recently glue traps were banned by the RSPCA and are now illegal for use in Australia.

well I thought they were illegal but as I was playing the little woman who was so scared and this big brave man telling me all about how to dispose of snakes etc ...I know where I would like to stick a glue trap ..and I would hide the bloody cooking oil too :evil:

Someone recently rang the wildlife group I am with. He had bought some of those things and expected our snake handlers to go out and sit at his place while he installed them and catch all the snakes that came out from under his house. I bet you cant guess what my answer was.

And as for those glue traps I had a situation with them last year, I wont go to far into it again as it makes me far to angry but I rang the local RSPCA inspector and he had no sympathy and didn't look into the issue any further.

maybe the snake repellent would also "work" on drop brears :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back